What's new

24: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The black guy who is in charte of CTU NYC... he has some strange thing going on with his shoulders/neck/head. It's like he is almost a hunchback.

Don't like this character at all. The actor has a horrible posture/neck
problem and as someone mentioned previously, it looks like he is
preoccupied. Very irritating performance. Not the best choice for the part.

Horace on Lost, is playing the head Russian baddie.

Thank You. Was wondering where it was I saw him before.

President Hassan's hair was looking good, even after getting bombed and rolled.

That huge bundle on his head is a distraction and something tells me they are going to give
that hair its own spin-off show. :)

It's nice to see Chloe struggling with new technology.

Yes, but must she wear that puss on her face all the time? At first it was kind
of cute, but man, she has this constant look of constipation on her face. She
really needs to get those sexual frustrations out of her system. :)

I'm hooked for now...the Starbuck side story is what's bugging the hell out of me so far.

For me, this is the least interesting aspect of the story. For the
moment it looks nothing more than an annoying, destructive old
boyfriend story -- as if the writers threw it in for the sake of it. I
hope it turns into something more interesting.

On the plus side, she is one of the most attractive women I have
seen on the show. Beautiful face and smile.

So far, I would rate the first 4 episodes as being "okay." From
past experience no matter how dull this show can get, it still
manages to hold your interest.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Some of my nits...

Jack has zero reason to stay, stop with all this "need to get to L.A." stuff. Nothing is keeping him there.
Why is Chloe trying to make Jack feel guilty? She knows what the guy has done for his country.
There are hundreds of paid professionals in "CTU" and she feels only Jack knows?
I would never want the role of CTU director, it is a thankless one, you are made to look like an idiot.
Bill was the only good one.
The guy, in 4 hours has been blackmailed, what twice?
The mannish girl, with the crazy ex boyfriend? She gives him the keys to her place? Without asking/demanding he tells her how she found him?
What is the risk if he exposes her? She must have killed someone. They better explain it better later on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller

Some of my nits...

Jack has zero reason to stay, stop with all this "need to get to L.A." stuff. Nothing is keeping him there.
Nothing is keeping him there except that the last seven years of the show have firmly established that Jack never walks away when he thinks he can help, he's loyal to his friends and he'll always try to protect his country and its people. It would be a total violation of Jack's character if he didn't stay and help.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
^^Right, I thought that the reason for Jack staying was pretty evident, he was all set to split until Renee showed up and Jack just got that bad feeling that she wasn't up to it and he had to see it through.

Hassan has some serious Elvis hair going on lol.

I'm liking Freddie Prinz Jr., too, his daring-do to save the King, er, um I mean Hassan was selfless and heroic. My hate for Doug Hutchinson still lingers from The Green Mile, I'll never forgive him for stepping on Mr. Jingles so seeing Jack wax his ass was therapeutic hehe.

As for Hastings, I don't know what he's trying to do with this character but only Denzel can pull off that level of swagger.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought it was really cheesy how Jack got all sensitive about Renee not being ready to go back in. As if he was even around her recently to know. Surely the writers could have come up with something better to keep Jack from going to LA.

The second 2 hours were better than the first 2, but overall a very weak start. But yeah...I'll still be watching...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mike caronia

I hope they wrap up Starbuck's ex storyline quickly and get her out there kicking some ass.
I was surprised he wasn't Patriot-acted already.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
I find it laughable that Jack took a beating just an hour ago, and his face is fresh as daisies in this second hour tonight. Maybe that cop can't punch worth a damn.

Is Sark undercover in this Russian crime family? Hah.
Jack cleaned up quite quickly there. The discrepancy really stood out for a few seconds there.

I thought David Anders was looking quite young here (though he is only 28). I hope they have him in a meaty role here.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Quote:

Some of my nits...

The mannish girl, with the crazy ex boyfriend?
I agree. I don't get the attraction at all, but to each his own. I think it's the manly neck.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Internally, just as the 4th hour ended, as Renee said something like "I'm just getting started." and walks off-screen, in my mind, Jack Bauer should have had a thought balloon to go with his "oh crap!" face, and the thought balloon would have said, "Hubba ... Hubba..."

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TravisR

Nothing is keeping him there except that the last seven years of the show have firmly established that Jack never walks away when he thinks he can help, he's loyal to his friends and he'll always try to protect his country and its people. It would be a total violation of Jack's character if he didn't stay and help.
Wow, I have watched every season and got an entirely different spin on the Jack character.
Usually you have to drag him back kicking and screaming and only relents when one of his loved ones are in trouble.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Wow, I have watched every season and got an entirely different spin on the Jack character.
Usually you have to drag him back kicking and screaming and only relents when one of his loved ones are in trouble.
Oh no, one of Jack's strongest traits is his sense of duty and his dedication to making sure something is done right when he suspects that it's being put in less than capable hands, especially when national security is at stake.

Jack will go to the mat to get the job done.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Oh no, one of Jack's strongest traits is his sense of duty and his dedication to making sure something is done right when he suspects that it's being put in less than capable hands, especially when national security is at stake.

Jack will go to the mat to get the job done.
That's my take on his character as well. The only time he was technically dragged back into the mix was the start of season 2 when Palmer called him to come back and help.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Rack is back... and she's more whack than Jack!

3&4 a lot better than 1&2 imo. The biggest thing that bugs me with 24 is still that they can't use a 24hr clock...

I think I will fast-forward the annoying Starbuck's-ex scenes from here on in.

Why does the bro go to all the trouble of trying to assassinate the President? Just expose the affair with the reporter. Done.

Did the assassin run out of rocket launchers? He didn't need to kill the cop and his wife - he already knew the route the convoy would take. Just hide out in a nearby abandoned building (there seem to be a lot of them on 24). He could have detonated the bomb from there too.

...But this is 24, I guess. I need to get back in the hang of suspending logic.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Originally Posted by PhilipG

3&4 a lot better than 1&2 imo.
I half agree. Hour three was my favorite of the bunch, but I thought hour four was kinda lame. The way they wrote Renee into the plot seemed kind of awkward and lazy. All will be forgiven if they use the character well in subsequent eps., though.

Regards,

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by PhilipG

Rack is back... and she's more whack than Jack!

That's almost exactly what I said to my wife when they brought back Renee... Rack and Jack together again!

Count me in as one who actually likes how they got Jack involved again. I do think his sense of duty is what drives him, much like how Renee said she didn't want anything in return for going back undercover with the Russians.

However, my one biggest nit with the series, Jack in particular that has bothered me for years is his insistence on referring to the "Nuke-you-ler" threat....

GAAHHHHHH!!!! He's still doing it!

Dammit!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton ">[/url]

However, my one biggest nit with the series, Jack in particular that has bothered me for years is his insistence on referring to the "Nuke-you-ler" threat....

[/QUOTE]
I think Sutherland grew up in Canada and I've heard other Canadian actors say "nuke-you-ler" before so I wonder if it's more of an accent type of thing* rather than him saying the word incorrectly for the better part of a decade.

* No offense to our neighbors to the north that can actually pronounce the word.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I was out of town and so watched all 4 in a row earlier tonight, and honestly, my reaction was 'eh'. I was just very unimpressed so far.

Nothing happened to suck me in so far, something that they're usually good at when they do these 4 hour premier event type things. Even the absolutely horrible S6 had a great 4 hours.

I'll of course keep watching though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks