What's new

24: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Good to see one of the characters from
THE SHIELD (the informant shot on the
rooftop) making an appearance.
And Doug Hutchison, who played a liver eating mutant in a couple classic episodes of The X-Files and Horace on Lost, is playing the head Russian baddie.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved season 6, I've loved them all so far.

So it has been confirmed that Kiefer and Cassar want to keep going with the show after this season? That's awesome news!

I really dug the latter half of day 7, it was all about Jack facing what he's done and preparing himself for death, of course it was all for not but at least it dealt with his actions and how he sees himself as a man.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

So it has been confirmed that Kiefer and Cassar want to keep going with the show after this season? That's awesome news!
What I read (sorry, I don't remember where or I'd post the link) had Sutherland saying that currently everyone is most concerned with finishing the season. After that, they'd talk about a new contract but he wants to continue the show as long as the people want to see it. Clearly, anything can happen but if he isn't even talking about quitting, I think it's fair to assume that he plans on continuing.

And Jon Cassar actually left after last season.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Good to see one of the characters from
THE SHIELD (the informant shot on the
rooftop) making an appearance.
See, I'm a bit dissapointed by that. I was hoping that 24 and The Shield might have existed in the same universe and that one day there could be a crossover. Think about it....."Jack and Mac!!!!"

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Josh Dial
I don't know why Kim would want to go back to California, though. That mountain lion is still at large.
Brilliant!

I enjoyed the episode last night; in fact that mountain lion nonsense from season 2 was about the only time I've not thoroughly enjoyed 24.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What is it with Mikelti's posture? The man can't seem to stand up straight. Plus his head doesn't turn, his head and body move in unison lol.

His heart could be in this a little more, too, most of the time he looks like he's preoccupied, probably thinking up more ways to cook shrimp.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Walker seems to be exactly where Jack was at the beginning of Season Two. Pissed off, violent, willing to do anything and not care about what happens to her.

And I might get laughed at but I think Freddie Prinze has been pretty cool so far. It's probably working in his favor that the only thing I've ever really seen him is I Know What You Did Last Summer (so I'm not carrying that Scooby Doo baggage).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
We may have a new resident badass on the show. Wow, I thought Jack nailing the guy with the fire ax was brutal, but Renee takes the prize with the saw. Your move, Mr. Bauer.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

What is it with Mikelti's posture? The man can't seem to stand up straight. Plus his head doesn't turn, his head and body move in unison lol.

His heart could be in this a little more, too, most of the time he looks like he's preoccupied, probably thinking up more ways to cook shrimp.
That's his thing. All actors have a thing...ya know, Clooney has the head tilt, David Caruso has the head tilt looking down. Mikelti has the hunch.

I liked the first 4 hours, though the whole Dana getting stalked by the old boyfriend with a secret thing just really annoying.

mike caronia

Second Unit
They have to get the Middle Eastern President to yell at his brother....'Why?! You were nothing but a chi wallah!!!!'

Watched all 4 hours tonight, went pretty quick.
I hope they wrap up Starbuck's ex storyline quickly and get her out there kicking some ass.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Carl Miller

I liked the first 4 hours, though the whole Dana getting stalked by the old boyfriend with a secret thing just really annoying.
I'm with you there. That's the only storyline that's not working for me so far. Get on with it already.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't help but smile when the yelling started and I flashed back to House yelling at a criminal for answers, then saying, "It works for Jack Bauer."

It's nice to see Chloe struggling with new technology. The computer world changes so fast that being out of it for a little while can leave you hopelessly out of touch until you get back up to speed again. But it was also nice to see that technology is just a tool. The best decisions are still made by people with good knowledge, experience, intelligence, instincts, and motives.

If there was any question about Renee's mental state after last season, I think that was out the window somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd revolution of the saw. Now I'd like to think I'm not a closet sicko, but seeing what she did, then thinking about to her saying, "I know how to remove that," I just can't help but chuckle a bit. :-( That was even worse than the fire axe to the chest. Just raw.
haven't been irritated by Freddy Prinze, Jr. so far, which is why you watch before you complain.
Katee Sackhoff? She could have been talking to me when she told her coworker to stop looking at her. In Bionic Woman, I still felt she was Starbuck-ish, but I think she's pulling off a new character here so far. She's such an untraditional pretty girl (just look at the number of blemishes on her face sometime), but a pretty girl nonetheless.

The black guy who is in charte of CTU NYC... he has some strange thing going on with his shoulders/neck/head. It's like he is almost a hunchback. Is the actor in question always like that (in other words, that's his build) or is he doing that for the role?

Kim Bauer... she looks more like a woman and less like a kid, now. On the other hand, she didn't strike me as gorgeous this time. Still, it was worth the weight in gold to me that she understood and they didn't write her as a whiny, "I thought we were important to you" daughter. I think I would have become physically ill.

All in all, not too many blatantly stupid moments. It's not the best of "24" (so far) but I'm glad the show is back. And I'm really interested in what they're going to do with Renee. Yowza.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why didn't Starbuck recognize Leoben? I keed, I keed.
Once the nuclear threat kicked in and they brought Renee, the show was clicking again for me. Let's hope Renee can bring the Bauer out of Jack.

I find it laughable that Jack took a beating just an hour ago, and his face is fresh as daisies in this second hour tonight. Maybe that cop can't punch worth a damn.

President Hassan's hair was looking good, even after getting bombed and rolled. I find it funny he was the "Regis" of "Slumlord Millionaire" and now he's a president.

Is Sark undercover in this Russian crime family? Hah.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It is wild how much crossover there is for actors in TV shows. In the first 4 hours of "24" we've seen characters from 3 great, but now defunct shows(Battlestar Galactica, The Shield and Alias).

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The axe was pretty much the sole high point of the first two hours. Everything else was more of the same. Someone dirty on the inside? Poor employee screening at CTU? At least they've traded up to pleasant wood paneling.

In the third hour, after Jack got tasered by the "cop" I said fuck it, and skipped to the next hour to catch crazy Agent Walker. I gather from the Previouslies that Jack somehow got out of that jam. Hah, now they've taken Omar to CTU, historically among the least safe places on earth. Skip all the talky filler to get to the end: she's crazy, but not crazy enough.

After 7-1/6 seasons, I'm out. I may never find out the reason for Katee's oddly deliberate hair style.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Not the greatest start to a 24 season (I think that title goes to the opener for season 6), but still pretty solid. The new CTU is certainly a breath of fresh air. It was cool seeing Doug Hutchison and Jurgen Prochnow on board as two of the Russians. Too bad they've already killed off the former. He was so good in The Green Mile that I couldn't hate his character like the movie wanted me to. I don't even mind the Dana subplot, as I've had a thing for Katee Sackhoff since Halloween Resurrection, so the more screen time, the better. And yes, she's pretty much the sole reason that I own that movie.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing who else pops up as the season goes on.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I'm hooked for now...the Starbuck side story is what's bugging the hell out of me so far. Somebody with that much shit in her past would never get that inside an agency like CTU, especially with a name change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks