What's new

24: Season Eight (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh yeah, I'm expecting that. It will suck having commercials and waiting week to week etc but there's no way I'll be able to hold off until the DVD's.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, in all fairness, Jack kills so many people that it was probably inevitable that he would use an axe one day lol.

Loved the premiere!

It did my heart good to see him at rest and at play with his granddaughter in his first scenes, the weight of the world off his shoulders finally.

But it wouldn't be 24 if the shit didn't hit the fan and land squarely in Jack's face in a hurry so we knew that wouldn't last long.

The new CTU looked damn spiffy, kudos to the production team this year so far.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I had never watched 24 on tv. About 3-4 months ago, my wife's brother-in-law loaned me the first four seasons on dvd. Needless to say, I was hooked. I got season five from Netflix, and season six is in my queue. Then season seven is on blu ray, which will also come from Netflix. I'm still not going to watch it on tv each week. Reason being, I don't think my nerves would take waiting a week, until the next episode. I'll see season eight like I did all the others.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I hope the guy who came up with the idea of Jack using a fire ax to kill someone gets a raise.

Too bad he's dead

But seriously, we still have the problem that no one listens to Jack after he's saved the world like 8 times.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Man, that was a two hour bore-fest. Worst '24' season premiere I can remember.

mylan

Screenwriter
One of the funniest lines of the night from the new tech guy: " Who's Jack Bauer?", you would think by this point they would have erected a statue in the lobby!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by mylan /forum/thread/294427/24-season-eight#post_3650920
Yeah I thought that was pretty lame actually. I know in the past he was the "government's best kept secret", but that all went out the window last season with those newscasts that mentioned him by name. So I would think even the average citizen knows who Jack Bauer is at this point.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
One of the funniest lines of the night from the new tech guy: " Who's Jack Bauer?", you would think by this point they would have erected a statue in the lobby!
The look he got from Prinze like he was a complete moron was pretty good.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Not the best "24" season premiere ever, but definitely not a bore-fest as was suggested above. The ax to the chest shocked the hell out of me and I've watched Jack kill people just about every way imaginable at this point. I also liked the "Who's Jack Bauer" line...it just struck me as funny for some reason. Thought Mykelti Williamson and Starbuck were good additions to the cast, still don't care for Freddy Prinze Jr. though. Maybe he'll grow on me, but I'm kinda hoping he gets killed....after all, he's head of Field Ops so it would only be logical for Jack to take over his job if he gets iced.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
What happened to Chase? I vaguely remember them mentioning what happened to him and Kim last season but I'm not sure.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brent M ">[/url]

Not the best "24" season premiere ever, but definitely not a bore-fest as was suggested above.

[/QUOTE]I think they may have been looking at all four episodes as the premiere so the first two were more of a build up to what happens tonight.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]ScottH[/b] [url=/forum/thread/294427/24-season-eight/30#post_3651008]

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I thought the premiere episodes were quite good. My prediction is the second half of the season will involve Kim at risk again, possibly the Granddaughter, too. It would be a nice capstone on the series--Kim and Terry are abducted in the first season, and Kim and Terry are abducted in the final.

I don't know why Kim would want to go back to California, though. That mountain lion is still at large.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree. Pretty lame two hours.

I think the show has been in decline for
the last two seasons.

Good to see one of the characters from
THE SHIELD (the informant shot on the
rooftop) making an appearance.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I think the show has been in decline for
the last two seasons.
Season 6 was easily the worst in the show's history, but I thought last season was a nice bounce back....especially the first 12-14 episodes. After the siege on the White House, though, it went downhill pretty fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks