24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dominik Droscher, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher Supporting Actor

2. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

if it is true, can't say I'll be sad to see Kim not returning. Too bad about some of the others, though.

3. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

I heard about this. Im disappointed but am also very interested where they take it this year.

I did also hear that Jack will be on a mission of sorts for DOD. CTU isnt going to be featured much if at all.

4. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

Frankly I'm glad. Last season was so bad, who knows, maybe they got an interesting premise which will actually follow coherently through the day.

Wow, I'm bitter.

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    How is talking about which actors will be back and which won't considered "heavy spoilers"?

I think we should feel free to discuss this without spoiler tags.

6. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Reportedly, Jack will not be working for CTU at all.

Glad to hear about all these changes, as it was quite clear that these characters and their stories had run their course.

7. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I agree that her time had come... But I'm still going to miss Elisha.

8. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

Keeler's returning? So that means they'll actually have a Republican President on the show next season? I know this is the Fox network, but that's still a surprise.

9. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    Im all for it. Get rid of all the office politics and family turmoil, and concentrate on the aspects that made the show great; Jack out there on his own, outside of the confines of CTU.

10. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

It'll be interesting to see what season 4 will be like. But I like the idea of a radical reinvention of the show, which is what they sound like they're doing.

I would disagree - while the first half was pretty bad (the worst the show has ever been), I thought the second half was some of the best and most intense TV I've seen in a long time.

11. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    I've been a fan of the show the first two seasons but missed so many of this past season's shows at the beginning that I gave up watching. Does anyone know if Fox is ever going to show reruns of Season 3 before next January's kick off for Season 4?

Most other series get reshown during summer in reruns. It is REALLY annoying that this show is not. What the hell is up with Fox?[​IMG]

12. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I think Fox doesn't want reruns to cut into their DVD sales.

13. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Charles_Y

Seasons one and two were both shown in 24 hour marathons, usually sometime in August on the FX network, not on Fox. I'm a little behind things, so just finished watching season two.

Tried to watch season three last fall, but like you, missed to many episodes, so am hoping FX runs another marathon. All it takes is a couple of 8 or 10 hour tapes. Luckily I've got two vcrs so just set the timers with a slight overlap and in one day you've taped the entire seasons worth of shows.

If anyone knows if they're going to run another marathon and when, please let us know. Otherwise watch your TV guide carefully.

14. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    You're right Stan. I do vaguely remember a 24 marathon at some point in the past. One can only hope. Might even be better to break it up a little than in one 24 hr. gulp, such as in 4 or 6 hr. sets. I have a 80 hr. TIVO but even this would take up allot of space! I'm keeping a watch as well.

15. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan Screenwriter

Well, for the most part I agree with the cast decisions, but boy I am going to miss Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida). I have really enjoyed Tony over the past three seasons and was hoping he would get into the field more with Jack. Oh well...

16. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

This is good news. Shake it up a bit... the first half of season three (the so-called "mexican soap opera") was less than compelling, but the second half was better... besides, all people really want to see is Jack Bauer out in the field being tortured and torturing others. It's the happy fun torture hour!

17. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

and even there it's only spoiler if you haven't seen the end of season 3.

18. Travis_S

Travis_S Supporting Actor

Travis
    According to the new Entertainment Weekly, Shohreh Aghdashloo (House of Sand and Fog) will be on 24 next season.

19. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Never saw it, but I heard she was good. Will be interesting to see how she does.

20. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

If FX is going to show a 24 S3 marathon, it will be on Labor Day or New Years Day (since season 4 doesn't start until Jan 2005).