What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 20 - 4/22/03 (1 Viewer)

John Swarce

Second Unit
It's been so long since we've seen Kim...just what do you think she is up to??? The previews show she does come back at some point
You won't believe who's behind it all line was interesting.. Nina anyone?
I agree with that last observation! Been missing her more than Kim!:D

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
The guy that was having Jack tortured was named "Peter Kingsley".
(Who's playing him? He looks so familiar...)

Any relation to "Maureen Kingsley",
from season one? Maybe the media has it in for Palmer?
;)

Sheesh. Maybe I shouldn't be reading this thread. I LOVE 24, but seems like a lot of folks think the show has been slipping lately. I guess I prefer to watch in ignorant bliss of what everyone else thinks! :) Seriously though, tonites episode was awesome and I can't wait for next week. I laughed out loud when Tony said "hey Chappel, Carrie has something to tell you". He put the smack down on her right quick. Hilarious! Anyhow, I think Palmer perhaps did pick up on Lynns finger pointing and is just playing it off. We'll see...

While this is from the previous episode, I just read this at television without pity and thought it was hilarious:

"The unseen secretary on other end of the line is not putting Palmer on the phone. Is she part of the conspiracy? Or is she just sick of these urgent velvety phone calls from Kiefer where he says things like "20 million people will die if you put me through to his voicemail!"?

LOL :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This episode was even better than last week's. The only thing I didn't quite like was that Jack was tortured to death, only to be driving around LA 30 minutes later... :)

Even with the weak episodes, IMO this season is better than Season 1.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow! What a totaly exciting, explosive episode, seems like one of the best again! Loved all the killing, that bad guy just shoots the patient in front of a Doc, 'where is the epinephrine?'

Jack is the man! Kicked their ass, killed them all! YEAH! :emoji_thumbsup:
"Now YOU tell me who was on the other end of the phone and I will kill you quickly" and so he did, I love this bleeping show!

Yussef all dying there, just laid enough there for Jack to show up and tell him where Kate went, sucks for him, a good, interesting character.

And that dumb redneck doesn't like 20k in Euros? Moron. "I look European to you, where is cash". I hate him and the people his character represents in America.
Also notice that both that redneck guy and a Hispanic wanted to kill Kate and the only one that stood up for her and saved her life by jumping on one of them was white. Just pointing out the racism in the writing, but it stems from the truth. Anyway, they don't know who the bleep they're bleepin' with! Jack to the rescue, just whoosh and shot one of them off of Kate! I hope he kills the other two. :angry:

I loved that moment with Lynne on the stretcher extending her arm but Palmer doesn't see and Mike takes her hand, that's so sinister and awesome!

The preview for the next episode says the 4 final hours are upon us and the Final Truth will begin to unravel and the questions will be answered! Yeah! I did see a shot of Kim, so she'll be back, and I hope Nina is too as Sarah Clarke was talking about the last 2 episodes' scripts being finished and since she knows, maybe her character is involved. If Kim does what someone in the spoiler above said she did, I'll shoot her myself! No one messes with my lovely Nina Myers! :D

I also love the scene between Tony and Carrie and how he handled it, calling up that supervisor guy from Division (Priest that likes Sorpanos' food and DVD player) and telling him she's trying to extort Michelle's job from him. Then that prick tells Tony don't thank me, that he just doesn't have anyone to replace him yet, and later during the split screens near the end, Tony is shown organizing basicaly everyone at CTU to concentrate on finding Jack: "I need you to make this a number one priority", sticking it to Chapelle as he goes by on the stairs, way to go! :emoji_thumbsup:

Sheesh. Maybe I shouldn't be reading this thread. I LOVE 24, but seems like a lot of folks think the show has been slipping lately. I guess I prefer to watch in ignorant bliss of what everyone else thinks!
Exactly! Me too.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
According to a source at Ain't It Cool News today, Mandy, the female assassin from the 1st season, shows up in the last ten minutes of the last hour, in a crowd scene as Palmer shakes hands with the public.

Don't know if it's true, but that's what's being reported.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhh! This redneck racist beating storyline is just a dumb plot device to string the chip subplot for 2 more hours. Bah!

But, overall, the story is now really moving, so it was a fun ride tonight. We're in the home stretch, bay-bee!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen the HBO original movie The Enemy Within with Forrest Whittaker? They explored similar territory as had been covered in this one. Quite good as I remember.

A really good episode, with loads of good scenes and exchanges.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
In the preview for the next four episodes, did I recognize

the evil Father/husband that chased Kim at the beginning
?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Also notice that both that redneck guy and a Hispanic wanted to kill Kate and the only one that stood up for her and saved her life by jumping on one of them was white. Just pointing out the racism in the writing, but it stems from the truth.
Don't know what the heck this statement means, but it seems pretty ignorant to me. So a "redneck" isn't white? Oh, and only a white guy would try to save someone and a hispanic or "redneck" would let them die, because as you state, hey it stems from the truth. :rolleyes

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
Haha, isn't it kind of funny that all of these highly trained guys can't get the memory chip, but some moron redneck gangsters cause the most trouble?

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
My theory:

I think the chip's going to get busted, and then Jack's going to have to go after Peter Kingsley directly to get the proof he needs.

I also think:

Sherry is going to be the evil mastermind behind it all. I thought at first she might come charging in to save the day by telling Palmer about the coup, but I really think now that she's behind it.

And if that AICN spoiler is right, wouldn't it just be hell if:

the season ended with Palmer shot and you didn't know if he were alive or dead?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
OK, I've got a huge problem here. Our power went out at 8:45 pm, so we missed the last 15 of 25! It's driving me and the wife nuts as this is our one show, can someone fill me in real quick?

Last things that we saw:

Jack got the info from Yousef and he died. Kate just entered her house and turned off the alarm. Palmer's asst was wheeled away on stretcher.

Please someone give me a final 15 min recap! Thanks...

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
When Mike took the document from Palmer and went to another room to call the VP, I was absolutely sure that Palmer and the security agent ("I wouldn't know, Mr. President.") had placed a transmitter between the sheets of the document so they could hear what Mike said. The way Palmer got Mike to take the document seemed a little contrived, so I thought there must be something more going on.

But, no, Palmer is not as proactive as I had thought, and he'd rather agonize about what may or may not be going on in his administration than lift a finger to find out. How disappointing.

I'd still vote for the guy, though! :)

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
C'mon guys...you mean you haven't figured it out yet? Obviously, KIM is behind this whole plot. Her superhuman lack of intelligence & common sense will make her the most powerful politician EVER. :D

Joel C

Screenwriter
That AICN spoiler pissed me off. "Spoiler" in one thing, the LAST 10 MINUTES OF THE SEASON is another entirely. Ihope it isn't true, because I'd rather be surprised. Too bad I clicked on it before I saw the spoiler warning.

They shot three endings last year, so this could be a rumor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks