What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 13 - 2/18/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hour 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The most compelling hour on TV lived up to its billing last hour.

"It's Tuesday, Kim is in trouble," actually in the woods with Kevin Dillon on the outskirts of town after rescuing her from a lion trap.

Okay, so they got Ali to break down after staging a brutal "eye for an eye" shakedown.

Stanton is still loving the shock paddle treatment.

Lynn is even more wary of Sherry.

Jack and Kate are on the way to the airfields to talk some sense into Marie and defuse the bomb.

Palmer might be putting the puzzle pieces together.

Bob is still stuck in CTU, now knowing Marie has been exposed as a sleeper agent. Where he fits, we still don't know (but Marie probably used Bob's business for the bomb parts smuggling).

Tony is still looking for Kim, poor guy. Michelle is appearing not totally virtuous, but it could be a red herring.

Mason has one lung left to cough up for the final stretch run.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
So the Fox previews for tonight's episode are saying...

...that there is going to be a big surprise at the end of the show. They're "daring" us to watch only the very end, or something like that.

They really don't give much away, and I'm pretty clueless as to what the next step is for the show.
Any guesses?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I have not seen the previews (stopped watching them several weeks ago), nor have I read Jared's spoiler text. Here's what I'm guessing (complete & total speculation):

I expect the bomb storyline to be wrapped up this week or next. I believe CTU will find the bomb, but it will have already been armed & set on a timer. They will not be able to disarm it and will need to fly the bomb either into the desert or out over the ocean, where it will detonate. Perhaps Mason will volunteer for that task, being he has nothing to lose?

The rest of the season will be dedicated to the plot against Palmer, of which the bomb was only one part. I suspect the conspirators set the bomb plot in motion to destabilize Palmer's administration, after which they planned a coup. I assume they have a contingency plan which will be set in motion if the bomb does NOT go off over LA (which it won't), and Bauer will spend the final 10-11 hours of the season foiling that plan.

More than likely, however, everything I've written above is a load of hooey! ;) :D

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Re this weeks promos . . .

This from the network that gave us last weeks Joe Lame-ionaire clip show under the pretext of being the end of the fairytale? I'll watch but not because they dare me to.

Lorne.t

Auditioning
Just watched tonights show and it's a fairly good episode.I felt the bomb storyline could have been wrapped up this episode though.
I was expecting to see a special guest star tonight as either a politician or the seventh soldier.Kims crazy survivalist!!
:eek: :eek:

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Unfortunately, this week's episode takes a "Bearcat Bounce" in Cincinnati due to the U.C. basketball game pre-empting it. I can't pick up the Dayton FOX affiliate this far south and don't feel like driving anywhere, so I won't get to watch it until Sunday at 6:00 PM! :angry:

James T

Screenwriter
I don't know about everyone else, but I was kinda disapointed. I think I watched more of an Angel rerun than I wanted to. The ending was probably the best part of the show, but most people already pointed out that Sherry has to be involved somehow that I didn't care much.

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
Wouldn't Sherry get away with a lot more if she wasn't such an absolute bitch to everyone? She could at least pretend to be nice to people. A little over dramatic if you ask me. At least now David will start treating her like she deserves to be treated. Who has the bomb? The girl? The seventh commando?

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Overall I enjoyed this episode, though I correctly guessed the bomb at the airport was a decoy :) It looked like Palmer was shocked that Sherry was involved... I had hoped that he knew she was up to no good, and was using her to see how deep the conspiracy went, but it looks like that maybe wasnt the case.

There was definitely a ton of setup in this one for future episodes.

Brian

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Kind of a lame-o episode, agreed. Would have been interesting if the owner of the cabin had been Bruce Campbell.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Hey, wait a minute... Kim in an isolated cabin in the woods... next week, Kim gets abducted by aliens! :D

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Was it really a decoy all along though or did they just move it into the white van when Marie saw the heat coming down? I mean come on, they are supposed to have the whole airfield locked down so it can't get away right? RIGHT?!

James T

Screenwriter
They most likely moved it when Marie saw the police. Dramatic change of plans.

Why didn't I think of Bruce Campbell?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty good, but I felt they did not spend enough time with Jack. I thought the plane chase at the end was good although it was fairly obvious the bomb was not aboard that plane. They should never have shown that van driving off before that Omar Guy tried to take off in the plane. They should have shown the van after they found out what was on the plane was a decoy

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I do not think the bomb was a decoy and I agree with Christopher that the bomb went in the white van but who is driving the van? Is it the seventh member? Anyway Stanton does not know and rats on Sherry. "Ask Sherry." Poor Mason! Did anybody else see blood on shirt, not just on his sleeve but near his collar?

Oh yeah! Did anybody else think Jack was going to jump on the plane when he popped up from the sun roof?

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
That's it.

All it took was a superfreak survivalist, and I'm back into "They'd better not hurt Kim!" mode. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Through the last half of that episode I could hardly breathe. Who else was suckered into thinking the Bomb was actually going to go off? Or was convinced that the fella disarming the bomb was a mole after a solitary glare to the camera?

Very cool that Marie Warner has a spot on the recap. Anyone want to bet which Warner sister lives through next episode?

Great episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks