What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 24 - 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally, after a day where Jack Bauer is shown with the shakes from doing H to get involved with the Salazar brothers, plus breaking out one of the Salazars, and running into Nina, and then having to contend with a viral outbreak of epic proportions, the day finally to going to come to an end...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Jack & co. have really piled up the bodies this season. Let's review the list of the departed:

Hector & Ramon Salazar
Claudia (the girlfriend)
Ryan Chappelle
Nina Myers
Sherry Palmer
Alan & Julia Millikan
Gael Ortega
Michael Amador
Marcus Alvers
Lots of folks in the hotel (virus victims)
Lots of henchmen of the various baddies
Tony Almeida's career

So who will be added to the list tonight??

Edit - add:

Stephen Saunders & his L.A. courier
Chase's hand
David Palmer's Presidency

John Watson

Screenwriter
60 minutes! (well, 40 or so, if there is the usual quota of commercials) to wrap it up enough to be satisfactory.

Then we start watching the DVD of season 2.

Ben Phillips

Stunt Coordinator

They're killing off all the best characters. At this point, their best bet would be to kill Jack and set next season in hell.

James T

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this one. I never watch/read the previews for 24, but just out of curiosity, I read the tv guide preview and it states that Jack is forced to make some kind of decision.Maybe life-ending for a cast regular due to the contracts of the actors not being renewed?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh damn! That was gee-narly!

The device was locked to Chases arm by Chase to prevent the perp from running away with it, and Jack wasn't able to get the defusing guys to defuse it, so Jack hacks of Chase's left forearm and runs the bomb into a room with a refrigerator and throws the bomb in there and watches it go "boom" with a puff of smoke.

I was hoping it didn't go off, and that would have really drove Jack crazy.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I'm sorry, a bomb that has an arm brace on it?! That Giel would a) keep a 'loaded' gun in his desk, and that b)they wouldn't supervise Giel's wife as she's taking his belongings. And on top of that, the last guy with the bomb just 'happens' to have a bomb with a different configuration then the others... I can only suspend so much disbelief in one episode...

...and were is the split screen?

RickGr

Second Unit
Its amazing how all these people without security clearence are led right into CTU central operations where they can see whats going on, whats on the computer screens etc. There is no way, NO WAY, that uncleared people would be allowed in an operations room even in an adjacent office that has windows into operations.

I was a bit let down with the finale.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Couple of almost Alias-like inanities, already mentioned, but damn fine ending to the day. (Tho was anyone else afraid Jack sitting in the cab was gonna reach for his ___?)

But big WHY : why didn't Jack ask Pres Palmer for a pardon for Tony?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I kept saying to myself:

Find a sink and fill it up with water! Find an aquarium, Jack! Dumb.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Nah, it might have been like soy powder - bubbles of powder rising to the surface, breaking open, refusing to mix with the water no matter how hard one stirs... too risky.

In an alternate world, Tony gets sent to a co-ed prison where Nina is still alive, and,...and it's a musical.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone going to miss Palmer?

Also, I am unsure of how this works since this is my 1st year to vote, but...

If Palmer drops out, does Wayne go head to head versus Keeler for the election, or does Keeler win be default now?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think they would still have to vote for him first. :)

The party Palmer belongs to would probably find a new candidate.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Man, Chase got to that operating table awfully fast! Everything must be about 3 blocks away in LA!

Besides that, (and a few other nit-picks) I think it was a pretty good season.

Ric

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I know they'd have to vote for him. But I was wondering if the Vice Prez takes over as the lead candidate or if something else happens?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Caleb as the lead candidate? LOL! (For those who don't watch "The O.C.", the VP also plays Caleb on that show).

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

Or another type of movie... bow-bicka-wow-wow... ;)
Overall, it was a good ending to a mixed batch of a season. I'm hoping that they can set up some great storylines to expand on in the fourth season. Even though this and Alias have already ended on a level I think that's beneath the original quality of the show, we still got 4 more weeks of Shield at least! Since I'm a consumer whore, I'm still going to be buying all these on dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks