What's new

24 : Day 3 - 5/4/04 - Hour 21 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is FOX, though. But now that you mention it, I also seem to remember the primary in season 1 being the Democratic. So the AFL-CIO backing his opponent makes no sense.

Anyone else get shivers up their spines with Jack took control of CTU?

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

Best quote of the thread!

Someone wrote this on the chud.com thread about 24. I thought it was genius.

----------------------

ADAM: Hey, have you seen Michelle?

(Sweat rolls down Tony's face.)

TONY: MICHELLE? WHO'S THAT? I DON'T KNOW ANY MICHELLE! I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU TO EVER SPEAK THAT NAME AGAIN! THERE IS NO MICHELLE!

CHLOE: Tony, remember that secret phone call between you and Saunders that you gave me to decipher? Is it okay if I listen to that?

(His eyes pop out of his skull.)

TONY: NO, DAMN YOUR EYES! NOOOOOOOOOO! THAT PHONE CALL IS...UM....PRIVATE!

JACK: Hey, we've got another mole, guys. I don't trust you, Tony, so I'm taking away your command. Please go somewhere else inside CTU.

TONY: Mwahahahaha!

JACK: What?

(Tony dashes out of the room, laughing madly.)

ADAM: Tony's acting really strange.

JACK: Forget about Tony. We need to find this mole.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Oh yes, and how Tony left the hospital w/o really recovering, then he wasn't doing well at CTU & now he's miraculously doing better.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
And all on no sleep for over 24 hours.

(Oh, that's right, he got to sleep awhile during surgery.)

Adrenalin is a powerful thing, but these people must be superhuman.

Despite the implausibilities it's been exciting the past few weeks and I'll keep watching.

aldamon

Second Unit

Jack's done worse and now he's the head of CTU again. Maybe instead of a face off with Jack, we'll get a spinoff with Tony and Michelle in DC?

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Tony can always blame his surgery as his judgment being impaired.

This will result in a new directive, the only people who can work in CTU are losers with no family who can be kidnapped. ie Chloe.

Makes you wonder if Jack would have done the same thing or let HIS wife get murdered?

Tony has turned into a really cool character.

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
Tony has turned into a really cool character? Jack vs Tony in season 4? You people are incredible. Tony is a traitor to his country and should should be killed on sight. Whoever allowed a married couple to work at CTU has endangered millions. Chloe is a dedicated hero and deserves her own show.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman

:laugh: Now THAT is the best quote of this thread! I just kept wishing Jack would go ahead and pull the trigger when he had his pistol pointed at Chloe, even after he figured out she hadn't locked herself in to do mischief.

I though Sherry's latest gambit was the most implausible storyline of the entire series. She's going to go to her ex-husband's opponent and tell him that she helped to kill a man and the President is covering it up for her, and her only safeguard is that she'll deny everything if he goes public? Ooooookaaaayyyy then. If he went public with what he knows, it wouldn't matter if he had proof, especially since Keyes' wife already told the cops about Sherry being there. No, the candidate doesn't know that, but Sherry does. That's just dumb writing. Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but sometimes it seems like the writers are taking advice from their teenage kids.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The way I interpreted the Tony vs Jack idea was that they would both work at the same agency, but Tony would have a serious hate on for jack, and NOT grant him any liberties that everyone else does. THAT would make an interesting show I think.

And for next season, I personally think there should be a president in office that doesnt like Jack.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I don't know, it's at least a possibility that Tony will be fired at the end of the day. He broke the rules for selfish reasons, which won't garner the love of the higher-ups like last season during the search for the Cypress recordings.

I could see Tony being a rogue next year, only motivated by his hatred of Jack.

...or maybe not :)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Tony is an idiot. He should have told Jack what was going on, then they could have laid a trap for Saunders. Of course, Saunders is omniscient, I guess he would have known what had happened.

Does anybody else get tired of the all-knowing bad guy? It's a bit ridiculous. Saunders has been hiding for years, yet is fully aware of all their protocols and systems and can find out anything he wants at anytime. He's even got some sort of satellite surveillance or something that he was using to monitor around the building he'd been hiding in.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Kinda. The problem is that over 2 seasons, they've shown that Jack is damn near unstoppable, so it takes some crazy omniscient to pose a threat.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

In an earlier post I mentioned that the Palmer website from Season 1 had positions for him that generally come from both parties. Not that the writers actually remember, but at the time they said he supported free trade. If a President of any party is an advocate for free trade and his opponent, like Keeler, voted against NAFTA, the AFL-CIO will support the anti-trade challenger.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Tony is fictitious. Chill.
"Cool character" means he's fun to watch, not that we want to be like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks