What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oops, sorry, I misremembered the 3rd airing (I was surprised by the news of the 3rd airing by Fox when I heard of it). Putting it on in the Tuesday 8 p.m. slot steals a page out of the ESPN playbook where they rerun last week's Playmakers right before the new episode for the week on Tuesday nights too.

I do recall reading that the ratings are so bad for the Next Joe Millionaire that Fox is considering dropping the Tuesday 8 p.m. show and just cutting/editing 2 hours of the show into the 1 hour episodes that run in the usual Monday 8 p.m. timeslot. This would clear the run for the repeat showing of "24" in the 8 p.m. timeslot before the new episode aired in the 9 p.m. timeslot (all EST).

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
Will_B

The article says they've only figured the first 6 episodes of this season and they'll make the rest up later.
I agree with you in this not being good. It sounds just like the X-Files scenerio all over again as I mentioned before. The article you posted would also explain MANY of my complaints about how Season Two went and now it would seem even worse for Season Three. Not only did they not complete a circle for Season Two, but they just dropped the whole Nina sega with no tie up. They could've easily written Nina into it as I can make up at least 5 scenerios myself for how she could fit in.

They stretched it last year beyond belief and now it looks like they will all but trash season three from the way that article reads. Oh well, there's always Alias for eye candy only to watch. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The article says they've only figured the first 6 episodes of this season and they'll make the rest up later
The key words here are "Figured out" This quote seems pretty misleading to me as I would find it VERY hard to believe that they are completly winging it as they go along. There has got to be a basic story outline for more that just 6 episodes out. I'm sure it may be very rough and that there are tons of last minute changes and that finer details are not worked out, but would Fox front this show if the producers and writers have no basic story past an initial few episodes

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Always such an irony when a show like this gets strangled by it's own success. Expectations get so high that it becomes a "only as good as it's last episode sort of thing"

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
They could've easily written Nina into it as I can make up at least 5 scenerios myself for how she could fit in.
Please share with us these five scenarios. I think that keeping Nina in the plot would have seemed forced, unless you had her escaping custody. I think you should allow your audience here at HTF to judge the quality of the scenarios you feel the show's writers so obviously overlooked. If you had five better ideas, then let's hear them.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I would tend to think if Nina escaped custody, she'd go hide overseas or in South America and hope Jack never comes looking for her or never finds her.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't be a new season of a show if we didn't have some people talking about how it sucks now.

I like Kim's new job. It means she can legitimately participate in the story rather than having a largely unrelated plotline as in season 2.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Holding a show to the standards the show itself set doesn't sound unfair to me. If they can equal season one, I'll be a happy camper.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
They could've easily written Nina into it as I can make up at least 5 scenerios myself for how she could fit in. ...Please share with us these five scenarios. I think that keeping Nina in the plot would have seemed forced, unless you had her escaping custody.
Can we all join in? Ideas that would have been excellent to see:

Mandy joins CTU. Only the audience would know that she is Mandy the semi-naked mercenary, and some might even wonder if its just the same actress playing a different character. And she starts to date Kim, who makes coffee at CTU.

Nina, having been pardoned or escaping custody, has gotten pregnant in an effort to make sure Jack won't kill her (figuring he wouldn't do what she did and end two lives).

The baby is Tony's.

Tony's girlfriend, what's her name, the computer technie, is kinda angry about that.

Jack's punishing himself for having lost his wife, by getting T.E. Lawrence treatments. Somehow, this secret part of his life will lead to the discovery that Mandy is a spy).

Allow for one exception to the real-time rule: Midway through the season, Jack goes to the airport to fly to Europe, and they do not show the hours in the air, they just resume 6 hours later.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
two issues that have been mentioned in this thread are dealt with head on in episode 2:

I'm amazed how many people "know" that was heroin in the syringe. That's not the only thing that can be injected. I thought Jack had become a diabetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks