What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
OK, so Kim's taken a handful of intro to programming courses and a couple of Calculus courses and she's an expert sysadmin/analyst? Right. It'd be a little more believable if she'd done MIS or CIS, not CS.
And if you believe that a place like that would be purely interested in the degrees a person has, well, I find that hard to believe. I know folks who can run rings around virtually anyone in terms of security, who only have the BS in CS.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I know folks who can run rings around virtually anyone in terms of security, who only have the BS in CS.
What's that have to do with their degree? I'll tell you, nothing. It's because of their interest in computers that they've learned this stuff.

Kim has proven herself to be a bone-head in the past. Now in three years we're supposed to believe she's picked up some computer skills and has a job that's given her high levels of access to the computer systems. That's a bit of a stretch. Actually I'd believe it more if she didn't have the associates degree, because that would have consumed more of her time that she needed to learn how to use these systems and wouldn't have helped her one bit.

I realize it's just a TV show. But some shows actually hire consultants to help them use technology correctly. Trinity used a real security hole in Matrix Reloaded, the La Femme Nikita show did some real unix work in one episode. It's just sad that 24 was so desparate to bring back Kim so they gave her this kind of job. I could let it slide for the other characters, but not for Kim.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Keith, I think we all get your point, it just doesn't seem very important to anyone else. :) She got the job because she has good enough computer skills and her dad is a CTU icon. They basically explained it that way on the show too. Let it go. :)

I certainly don't mind having Kim on the show. ;)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Notice how most computers in movies or TV are Macs, even though in real life there aren't that many in use?
Not to turn this into yet another one of those threads, but aside from the obvious set design considerations, in reality there's a good chance they'd be using some kind of Unix. And Macs are sexy Unix boxes.

//Ken

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
It wasn't heroin in the syringe...it was most likely some sort of saline solution, or even just tap water. Probably wasn't even a real syringe....rubber tipped. :)

Oh wait...I'm supposed to suspend disbelief. Ooops. :)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I too was also really let down. The episode was fairly predictable from the start(gee give salazar a big thick pen and watch what happens) and just lame. Oh and talk about cliche, coworkers dating, kid selling drugs for altruistic reasons. I dunno maybe I just expected them to turn it around quicker. I too was disappointed that there was nothing about Mandy in the episode; given the role she played at the end of season 2(and not just because Mia Kershner is hot ;) )
I'm giving this season like 3 more episodes before I bail. The first season was cool and season 2 prior to the three week hiatus was awesome, but it got so lame and predictable after that. Hopefully they can turn it around in a few episodes otherwise I'm just not going to bother.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Dont anyone get your hopes up for the second episode being any better, as critics who were shown the first pair of episodes for review say they were both "slow starters." So at least wait to episode three before abandoning the show.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
Episode 2 is online. I don't know where but people have already downloaded it and seen it.

From what I've heard about the episode I'm suprised they reveal there's a traitor in CTU
so early.

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
Did Jack have that huge tatoo on his drug arm in the first two seasons? Also, maybe he got addicted to the drugs when he was trying to inflitrate Salazars evil drug company. Maybe he had to prove to them that he wasn't a cop and to do this he shot up.
How are they going to explain a lot of the details in the Salazar case if flashbacks won't work?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty evident that Jack went really deep deep deep undercover to gain Salazar's trust to infiltrate his operation.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
one of the split screens show them together in the Bauer house from episode one
So another "window" shows him in real time? I suppose that would work with any flashback as long as it's not too long. At that particular point in the story, it was kind of reflective. But they can't just sit there flashbacking.

//Ken

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the Ford commercial was more suspenseful then the show. ;)

As for the air-headed Kim working a highly technical job at CTU...

I really hope they have a storyline where she did just get the job because of her Dad, but doesn't have the competence to back it up. Then they ask her to do something critical like "open level three encrypted ports and send the identity protocol to the backend mainframe". However, she opens up her personal hotmail account instead to check for responses to her posting on match.com. Then she accidentally unleashes the latest virus on CTI and gets fired.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just in case you couldn't get enough of Episode 1 of Day 3, I think Fox is airing it once more on Monday night after The Next Joe Millionaire.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I think Fox is airing it once more on Monday night after The Next Joe Millionaire.
That would mean they're canceling Skin -- which could still happen but so far nothing's been announced.

According to the official 24 website, episode 1 will be repeated at 8pm on 11/4 (i.e., immediately before episode 2).

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks