What's new

2013 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeh during that game that the Phillies lost the Marlins pitcher hocked a big one right on the ball and rubbed it in.I was watching the game and they had a close up on the pitcher. Phils announcers never mentioned it.He was off the mound and did rub it into the ball so I guess that's allowed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Here is the clip.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3l7hgfXKlo&sns=em

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As an aside: since 1880, the numbers of balls required for a walk have dropped from 9 to 8 to 7 to 6 to 5 to 4.

And there was a brief time in 1887 when four strikes were required for an out.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Mike Frezon said:
And there was a brief time in 1887 when four strikes were required for an out.
And I thought that was some rule that gym teachers made up whenever playing the sport for class. :biggrin:

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Aaron Silverman said:
Incidentally, the new Marlins stadium is great. I don't believe the stuff on the ceiling is low enough to affect the game (we've seen some VERY high pop flies that didn't come close). They keep the roof and giant windows closed for day games when it's hot, and the A/C rocks. Yesterday they opened the roof and windows after the game, which was nice for the kids running the bases (which they do after every Sunday afternoon game) since by then it was still sunny but not so hot. We went to games at Sun Life/ Land Shark/ Pro Player/ Joe Robbie where it was so boiling that we'd have to spend a few innings inside, sitting under helicopter-sized ceiling fans.
Oh man, did I really hate going to games at that stadium. At the time, I thought that was one of the reasons why attendance is so low at the games, because it is so freaking unbearable. Even the breeze provides no relief at all.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Phils find another new way to lose a game, second base ump helped.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpnWed8Mmo&sns=emInstant replay would overturn this one.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Arguments about umpires' calls have been going on since the beginning of the Game. I think instant replay would ruin it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
After tonight's game, Mike, talk to the hand. :eek:

It's great that our most effective pitcher was David Murphy. :laugh: And the Brewers helped a brother out. It's all good!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I always LOVE it when a position player is brought into the game to pitch. LOVE it.

I realize there's a chance they could get hurt one way or another...but it's another human/strategic element to the game that makes it great.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Strange fact: one year ago TO THE DAY, outfielder Craig Gentry was brought in to pitch in a similar crushing loss to the A's.

Also, it sounds like the crowd gave David a nice round of applause when he came up to bat in the ninth, which is nice. He's a really good guy (and originally drafted by the Sox).

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike Frezon said:
I always LOVE it when a position player is brought into the game to pitch. LOVE it.

I realize there's a chance they could get hurt one way or another...but it's another human/strategic element to the game that makes it great.
I love it as well, but I would strongly advocate that when position players are brought into a game to pitch, that instant replay is used for all balls and strikes -- but only for when a position player is brought into the game to pitch. And the replay ought not to be used for home run calls during this time.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.