What's new

2012 MLB Regular Season and Post Season (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Bottom of the ninth, four to nuttin',
Last chance, push the button!
Oh we're pleading, begging, on our knees,
Come on you Flatbush refugees!
Maury Wills at bat, hit it for me once,
Stu Miller throws, Maury bunts.
Cepeda runs to field the ball and Hiller covers first,
Hallah runs to back up Hiller,
Hiller crashes into Miller,
Miller falls, drops the ball, Connlin calls "Safe!"
So this first night win ensures that SF will lose the series. :P

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Hard to believe that Barry Zito is one of the big reasons why the Giants made it this far. This after being left off the postseason roster during their run in 2010, and way before that, how the Giants made the mistake of signing him to a ridiculous contract at the time.

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/319627/2012-mlb-regular-season-and-post-season/120#post_3992900
Ya gotta figure Kate must've cut his legs out from under him, huh?!?

That's probably from trying to sneak into the Perfect Club.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Walter C said:
Hard to believe that Barry Zito is one of the big reasons why the Giants made it this far. This after being left off the postseason roster during their run in 2010, and way before that, how the Giants made the mistake of signing him to a ridiculous contract at the time.
That's probably from trying to sneak into the Perfect Club. :D
Same for Pablo Sandoval. He only had 3 at bats in the 2010 series.
But getting back to Zito, he looks like he's throwing batting practice up there. I can't figure out why they can't hit him :confused: . I guess that's why I'm sitting here at my computer and suiting up for the game :laugh: . Anyway, Zito's only 33 years old. I wonder what lies ahead for him. Will anybody take a chance on him next year if (when) the Giants buy out his contract? Because you just don't know what you're going to get out of him from start to start.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by gene c /t/319627/2012-mlb-regular-season-and-post-season/120#post_3993349
But getting back to Zito, he looks like he's throwing batting practice up there. I can't figure out why they can't hit him . Anyway, Zito's only 33 years old. I wonder what lies ahead for him. Will anybody take a chance on him next year if (when) the Giants buy out his contract? Because you just don't know what you're going to get out of him from start to start.
Any team that signs him for more than 2 years, is asking for trouble. But I bet some team will do it, just for the sake of making a move.

While I think it would be a good business move to buy him out, it would be harsh as well, after all he has done this season. The Giants are very fortunate that he is having a career year, to take the sting off of Timmy's terrible season.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I fear for the Tigers. Not that I was rooting for them, but at least give the Giants a fight. I mean, COME ON.
Granted we all know they were gifted the WS by a pathetic excuse called the Yankees post season(broken ankle notwithstanding...sure "2 guys down" and the Yankees totally give up??? And I'm FAR, FAR from being a Yankee fan)
Verlander was jacked in the first game. I'm sure nobody saw the Giants coming in game 1.
But game 2? What happened?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
If the Tigers can't score at least one run with a runner at third and nobody out, then I too fear for them. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's the year of late-season collapses. The Angels collapsed. The Rangers collapsed. The Yankees. The Cards. And now, maybe, the Tigers. With the possible exception of the Angels, all of those teams went out with RISP failures, no homers to make up for it, and, consequently, absurdly low run totals. It's not too late for the Tigers, but it's getting there.
But, at least we get a free Locos Taco. I generally find Taco Bell I edible, so free is the only way I'd try it.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
All I've ever had at Taco Bell is their regular tacos, which are O.K., as long as nobody tells me what's actually in them. Now Jack-In-The-Box's two-for-a-dollar taco's are down right nasty :P .
I'm going to say the Giant's in 6.
I sure hope Fister is O.K. after that line drive to the head. That was tough to watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I meant inedible, but my phone wants to correct that. Taco Bell used to be alright, then they went to some kind of artificial chips and shells and sauce for the meat instead of just dry. Hate it. We have a place called Taco Casa that is basically unreformulated Taco Bell.
I hope they get Fister looked at, even though he was able to continue.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Motown— mighty kitties have struck out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls /t/319627/2012-mlb-regular-season-and-post-season/150#post_3994711
Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Motown— mighty kitties have struck out.

Nicely played. Struck out, indeed.

Whatever malady affected the Yankees in the ALCS was caught by the Tigers in the World Series. Another potent offense gone silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks