What's new

2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver, Canada (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hmm, forewarning to anybody here. I cannot verify that this is the Brokaw's piece but there is a youtube link in the link I paste below that might be the piece on NBC:

http://www.kendallharmon.net/t19/index.php/t19/article/28563/

Jay

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Saw the Brokaw piece. Moved to tears at times, it was a moving example of the greatest of human spirit at a time of tragedy. The very best of humanity - A town of 10,000, carved out of the cold by the hardiest of people - opens their hearts and homes to 7000 weary travelers stranded by vicious acts pepetuated by the very worst of humanity. Nothing could display better the contrast of emotions I felt during those dark, yet spiritually enlightening days. As much as I kid hockey fans from Montreal, Canadians are the best people in the world. Generous, kind, with a humility and outlook on life that many of us to the south could learn from. Beautiful country, made that much more beautiful by the people who inhabit it.

That said, tonight I'm attending a Boston/Montreal game that will have an invasion of drunken Bleu, Blanc et Rouge clad idiots from the north, wearing their toilet seat [url=

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That's one beautiful logo you posted there, Jeff. Thanks.

Seriously, I'll echo Jeff's comments on Canadians. I've lived near the border my entire life, and always am treated warmly whenever going to Canada. We are very lucky to have such fine neighbors.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield /forum/thread/298077/2010-winter-olympics-vancouver-canada/210#post_3666090

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Ockeghem

That was probably the worst closing ceremony I've ever seen. Shatner and O'Hara were abysmal.
They weren't great, but I didn't think they were that bad. I laughed out loud with O'Hara was "swept" into position.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
^^^

No, they were that bad. You were hallucinating when you thought you were laughing.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

Is that the prison hockey league?

Well, one of them did steal a woman's purse, and wearing that jersey can also be considered a crime.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Jay H

Hmm, forewarning to anybody here. I cannot verify that this is the Brokaw's piece but there is a youtube link in the link I paste below that might be the piece on NBC:

http://www.kendallharmon.net/t19/index.php/t19/article/28563/

Jay
Unfortunately, it is not the Brokaw piece.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
"Your video, 9/11 Gander 3 of 5, may have content that is claimed to be owned or licensed by International Olympic Committee. As a result, your video is blocked worldwide."

From somebody on the following forum who tried to upload it to Youtube....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newsstand/1057329-nbc-brokaw-feature-gander-newfoundland-after-9-11-01-a-2.html

Conceivably, maybe follow that thread or register and see if one can get a hold of it directly..

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks