2010 Baseball Discussion (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TonyD

So of course i'm not happy that the Phils lost the series last year.
Making it worse is they lost to the Yankees.
This means that we will see the Yankees as the national game more then ever.
I think they have been the national game 4 times already this week.
It could even have been every game this week on a national broadcast.

BTW, my wife picked up tickets for a game this week for the first game.
Unfortunately it is the first night game, which happens to be the second home game.

She decided not to get tix to the home opener because the giveaway was better, a t-shirt for the game we have, the opener was a pennant.

Anyway I didn't have the heart to explain to her that the Pennant would be better then the crappy grey generic shirt not to mention the Home Opener is actually a very big deal to go to.
sigh.

As a Yankee fan, I'm not happy with it either. I prefer watching my Yankee games at their regularly scheduled times on the YES network. I hate watching baseball on ESPN or Fox. I can't stand none of their announcers. Of course, I'm not a fan of John Sterling or Michael Kay either, but for different reasons.

Crawdaddy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Can't stand Fox especially Buck, Espn I can tolerate, the ML net guys are pretty good, and the TNT guys aren't awful.
But I understand that side of the complaint too Robert, I would much rather hear the Phils guys thn any other guys.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, the Red Sox are again looking like a mediocre team at best. Their starting pitching (with perhaps one exception) has been average, and I really don't see how this current team is going to contend for a title. I realize we're only seven games in, but they're looking like just another team that can't do too many things right. I hope I'm wrong, but this looks like it could be another long and disappointing season. On the positive side, their 3-4 start is a tad better than last year's 2-6 start. ;)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to see that the Cubs at least won their home opener after a poor season opening road trip.

I'm really enjoying my At Bat 2010 iPhone application. So much so that I canceled my XM subscription since it would be a waste of money to have both.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did enjoy the free MLB Extra Innings, but no thanks for paying to continue it.

I don't mind Buck when he does football, but definitely no fun when it comes to baseball. Maybe it has more to do with their broadcasting partner.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, another good showing by Lackey. The more I see him pitch, the more I believe that this is looking like a good deal for Boston. I am also intrigued by Hermida, and seeing Scutaro in the leadoff spot is interesting and could prove to be a blessing in disguise. I hope Jacoby heals fast, but I also hope that this slight line-up change will bring about a few more positive results.

And Pedroia is starting to hit more regularly for power. Before the season began, I predicted he would hit no less than 80 home runs this season. With four through eight games, he's still on an 81-home run pace. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just got back from thew Phils game, now I know they have played the Nats 5 times now, but jeez these guys can score some runs.
Down 3-0 after 1 half inning they get 4 in the bottom, give up 3 next half and score 3 more of their own.
end up winning 14-7.
Took a few pics and a couple video clips with my Iphone, try and post them tomorrow if I get chance.

My wife who picked this game instaed of the real home opener was in a good mood.
She bought me a nice phils authentic team jacket and also let me buy a piece of sod that was taken from behind home plate.
It wasn't cheap but it is number 171 out of 2009 pieces.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Harmless...but really dumb.

If I was in the ball park today and trying to score the game, I would not be pleased. But considering the amount of games I get to a year...I doubt that's ever going to be a problem. Unless the day comes where we insist that ballplayers wear #42 everyday.

Whenever I see game highlights on sportscenter, it always looks crazy to have everyone wearing #42.

With all the gestures already made in honor of JR (and nothing could be grander than insisting every club retire the #42), I think this one is pretty silly.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's tax day. Thousands of Yankee fans are writing off Javier Vazquez. /via @CraigMahoney
=)

I'm really enjoying MLB at bat on the iPad. if you have one I recommend it, it's worth the $15.

Also, not many people saw this, but I still haven't been to a single Yankees game, in the new stadium, I hope to fix that soon. But I did spend one awesome night at BOTH sidelines in Tampa last year.

http://www.navesink.net/2009/09/what-if-they-held-baseball-game-and.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/sets/72157622337727597/

Got to see Griffey have fun at one of his last games and took way too many pictures for a game that nobody cared about. =)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
They only thing I don't like about At Bat 2010 is that if you have it on both your iPhone and iPad you have to pay for it on both. Frankly it should be account bound so if you buy for one you can also put it on the other.

Besides that like I posted previously I really like it on my iPhone. Even over the Edge network it works great and at $15 it is a real value for any baseball fan.

looks like the Cubs are going down to the Brewers today. I was really hoping they could have swept them but Houston is coming to town so perhaps they can continue to win series and get back to .500

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,

Who is that pitching? He's a submariner, yes? I don't think it's Garza, but I can't tell for certain.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Fox game is now 6+ hours old. Mets/Cardinals 0-0 in the 18th inning. The Cards' starting SS is now pitching.

Love it.

I couldn't believe I turned on the TV tonight around 9:30 and heard Tim McCarver's voice!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I can't believe it anytime I hear his voice.

This is why I love baseball, shouldn't be much longer though if the Cards don't score this inning I can't see Lopez keeping the Mets off the oard.

"Tim McCarver: "Lopez has gotta pitch from the stretch. He's never done this, he's only seen this on television."

And now Mather is pitching for the cards and Lohse is in left field wondering what to do.

And all the times he was actually at a baseball game.
He is such an idiot.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yea they'll hit a ball to outfielder Lohse and he'll drop it.

I wonder if Mather has seen any games on tv to know what the stretch looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks