What's new

2009 Tv on DVD Predictions (1 Viewer)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'd like to see a release of Season 2 of War of the Worlds, but I feel I may be hoping for too much.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
My predicts:

The dvd debuts of:

The GHOST & MRS. MUIR
MARTIAL LAW
DENNIS the MENACE
FALCON CREST
FAMILY MATTERS (why the hell is this not on dvd right now??)

the returns of:

the FLYING NUN
HART to HART
PARTY of FIVE (again!)
the JEFFERSONS
KNOT'S LANDING

the continuations of:

DYNASTY (seasons 4 & 5)
BEWITCHED (to finish)
ALL in the FAMILY

and the "Quark" award for unlikely, obscure and/or short-lived series that WILL appear on dvd ANYWAY, goes to:

WHEN THINGS WERE ROTTEN!

LCD22

Screenwriter

Please Warner, release the two seasons of this syndicated sci-fi series.

You can tie it around the release of the new "Star Trek" film, as one of its creators, Harve Bennett, worked on some of the original films featuring the original cast.

JLKINSER

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Kinser
I know many say it is a long shot but I would like to see The Fugitive Season two Volume One re-released with it's original score. Perhaps a revamp issue of the enitre season two with original score for 2009?

stewprime

Agent
Real Name
Stew
Gee, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guarantee you that the following will NOT be released in '09...

Night Court - Season 2+
The Drew Carey Show - Season 2+

...how do I know this, you ask? Hmmm...I wonder what studio could be behind holding up both releases?

(Do I sound bitter enough?? I'll bet you $20 the people at WB still won't get the hint...)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
at this point I barely care. There hasn't been hardly anything out in 2008 worth any great shakes to me, so I don't expect the pickings to get any better in 2009

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I would love for The Wonder Years to finally come out on DVD with the original music intact. Hey I can dream.

I also would like WB to release the last 2 seasons of Fresh Prince.

MARC1

Agent
Real Name
marc soaper
Since fox is committing to releasing the rest of The Mary Tyler Moore Show how about starting the release of Rhoda for me this one is a timeless memory of the 70's.
Perhaps fox will start to releases a few more tvdvd titles.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

According to IMDB.com Plautus Productions was the production company and it was shown on CBS. Besides "Coronet Blue," IMDB shows Plautus as having produced the following television series: "Brenner," "The Nurses," and its most famous series "The Defenders." Of these four series, only "Brenner" has made it to commercial DVD as 15 episodes from the series were issued by the Timeless Media Group this past Spring.

An article at Answers.com indicates that "Coronet Blue" is now owned by CBS Paramount Domestic Television. To quote . . . "Coronet Blue (1967) (produced by Plautus Productions in association with CBS, now owned by CBS Paramount Domestic Television)."

Full article here (see "Other Companies"): http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=11&gl=us

Much as I like CBS Paramount's line of classic/vintage TV releases, I think this would be a long shot for them and it's unclear if CBS Paramount would license this to an indiependent, though some of their lesser theatrical films are now being licensed to Legend Films.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I'm hoping Kevin Hill gets a complete series release also hope the Canadian show M.V.P. gets a release too

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Shows that I'm pretty sure that we'll see completed in 09 are:

That Girl! – Season 5
The Rockford Files – Season 6
The Partridge Family – Season 4
Battlestar Galactica – Season 4

Shows that I would like to see continue:

Saturday Night Live – Season 5
Mary Tyler Moore Show - Season 5 and 6 (maybe even 7 to finish it off)
Bob Newhart Show - Season 5 and 6
The Muppet Show - Season 4
All In The Family - Season 7 and 8 (I think we deserve 2 seasons since none were released in 08)

Shows that are almost a long lost hope but would like to see continue or finish:

SWAT - Season 2
Charlies Angels - Season 4 and 5
Baretta - Season 2 and 3
Kojak - Season 2
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries - Season 3
Maude - Season 2
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman - Volume 2
McMillan & Wife - Season 2
Quincy - Season 3
The Six Millin Dollar Man - Season 3 (Region 2)
TheBionic Woman - Season 3 (Region 2)

Shows that I'd like to see get a debut in 09:

Rhoda
Room 222
Vega$
Chico & The Man
Eight Is Enough
The Courtship of Eddie's Father

And for those long lost short lived shows that people think might never see a release:

The Hot L Baltimore
The Sonny Comedy Revue (A Best of set would be fine)
Cher (A Best of set would be fine)
Angie
Phyllis (a compete series set would be great but I'd take it in season sets since there were only two seasons)

Charles H

Screenwriter
Hope--rather than prediction--that Shout Factory takes over the remaining, if not all of the "Naked City." Hope that someone finds surving kinescopes of "Playhouse 90." If "Studio One" kinescopes can see the light of day, then anything is possible.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I want to see released:

Boston Public
Ally McBeal (with ALL music intact!)
Chicago Hope

I want to see the rest of:

Strong Medicine
Family
Dharma & Greg

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
My Predictions for 2009 -

Alot of stuff we want WONT come out,
and alot of stuff we DONT WANT will
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

ALL the PLAYHOUSE 90 shows DO EXIST! They are preserved either as Kinescopes or VTs!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It was announced yesterday that Season 6 of Walker, Texas Ranger will be out this January. If they keep to their schedule Season 7 should be out next Summer, and the Hallmark Channel will be
:D O-B-S-O-L-E-T-E :D

(If they already aren't, along with the rest of Commercial TV!):laugh:

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
My prediction for 2009:

I'll be buying a lot less DVDs!!

The series I want the most are all stalled (Taxi, AITF, Archie Bunker's Place, Barney Miller, Kotter....)

Of the existing shows that I might buy....I never see them on sale lately (not a good sale, anyway!)

....and there doesn't appear to be much action with the classic series I desire to see- and even if there was, considering all the stalled series i already have, I am not going to go out and buy a 1st season release...only to wait years or an eternity to ever see subsequent seasons/the whole series.

I guess the studios have decided that they no longer need customers. I have the money....but they seem not to want it!

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I know. I feel the same way. I'd be buying so much more if they would just release more. But I can't buy what's not out there. And I already have what they have released so far. They're definitely losing my business. Sony is one of the major ones. They have announced zilch this year. Paramount has been teasing out the seasons of Laverne & Shirley. I don't even think I own a Warner title besides Mama's Family. And what happened to Rhino? They used to release more classic stuff and then they left us in the middle of both Jem! and Too Close For Comfort. My only hope is that Shout! will release something appealing next year like maybe Hazel or a continuation of The Facts Of Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks