What's new

2008 NCAA College Football Thread (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I should have been more clear.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I was talking about future seasons. I've edited my previous post to reflect that.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My current top 10:

1- florida
2- lsu
3- usc
4- oklahoma
5- georgia
6- ohio state
7- byu
8- boise state
9- texas
10- penn state

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

I know it's like your opinion, man, but even I wouldn't put Ohio State in the Top 10 and I'm a diehard Buckeye fan! I would put Wisconsin and Penn State above Ohio State in a poll and the Buckeyes wouldn't even be in my Top 10, not the way they've played the last 3 games.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S

Word, and no Mizzou, they've beat Illinois, who are at least as good as the Buckeyes, if not better. Oklahoma has a QB that scouts are creaming themselves over, but they haven't played stiff competition this year yet. USC and Georgia are the clear 1 and 2 based on the competition they've played. I don't even care which order you put them in. but anything else out of that top two is just kinda silly.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Game Day is at Georgia this weekend for the Alabama game. I'm pretty worried about the game, going to be tough. Glad I'll be there though.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I have to agree with this, too. The Buckeyes do not look like a Top 10 team at all without Wells. Their upperclassman QB is mediocre, and the freshman Pryor needs some experience. OSU has struggled against mediocre competition, and was blown out by their one quality opponent.

I'm not sure if I would put Wisconsin above them (the Badgers are overrated, IMO), but PSU should definitely go above the Bucks.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

While, right now, I'd replace Ohio State with Missouri, truth be told, Mizzou's and Oklahoma's OOC schedule was pretty comparable - with Oklahoma decimating its foes. The Illini aren't looking like a premiere win right now, and 42-21, against Turner Gill's Bulls?

Missouri's the odds-on favorite to make it to the CCG, but the next 3 games will tell the tale- Texas, Oklahoma St. and if I were the Tigers, I wouldn't look past Oct. 4th in Lincoln. The Blackshirts will have a thing or two to show Daniel.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't think you guys are giving enough consideration to the fact that Terrelle Pryor is now the QB for Ohio State (I'm damn glad he didn't play more against USC), and that Beanie Wells is apparently back. But time will tell.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
USC is getting spanked right now by the Beavers. Win or lose, I think we'll have a new number 1 next week.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Big upset tonight, but I there is still plenty of time for USC to climb back up to the top with the SEC beating up each other and to a degree the Big 12. Still, this was fun to see-- unless you happen to be a USC fan.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
not fun for a USC fan, but typical for the last couple years.

I feel sorry for the team we play next week.

It is worth pointing out that USC has won six straight Pac 10 titles, has a sickening win/loss record against the other pac 10 teams in the last 7 years and every conference game is the biggest game of the season for our opponent. plus they get to play Carroll every year, whereas the Oklahomas, Michigans, Ohio States, Nebraskas etc only play us once in a blue moon in a bowl game or non conference game. I think the last three years of the pac 10 teams more often than not playing USC close is a familliarity with playing Carroll as much as anything else.

Hopefully we'll only have this one blotch against us this season, rather than two like the last couple years.

It's incredible that every team in the pac 10 has at least one loss and there's only been three conference games played. wow.

Our defense was shit tonight. It was embarassing, USC didn't come out ready to play their A game. it's frustrating to see that happen to my team. The offense wasn't much better. Both played a much better second half, but still. it was a very embarassing game. I don't know when the last thursday game usc played was, I know there hasn't been one in seven years I've been following SC football, but I for one didn't know the game was tonight until about a half hour before kick off I got an email from a friend.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I think ESPN is closing its doors and shutting down. With USC out of the mix they will have nothing to talk about.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Sure they do...Chris "Beanie" Wells. I can't make it through the day without an hourly Chris "Beanie" Wells update from ESPN.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yeh they do talk about him non stop. And have they ever said what his injury is? All I saw was him dropping the ball when he didn't even get hit. Speaking of hype machine, how is ESPN's golden boy Matt Leinart doing in the NFL? Oh that's right, he got benched again. Got to love ESPN.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
And Leinhart's Backup is now starting for the patriots, despite never starting a college game. funny world we live in.

without USC to talk about ESPN can go back to sucking off Tebow nonstop. looks like we'll get a double heismen winner, heh.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
With Florida and USC going down, Georgia (if they win), Oklahoma, Missouri & Penn benefit bigtime.

Both USC & Florida's losses were -bad- losses to teams they shouldn't have lost to. USC likely will go Rosebowl now, Florida probably has at least 1 more loss ahead of them after this. Seriously, once you know you're unlikely to be in the NCG, it's hard to recover, and in the SEC, even more difficult.

Texas put the hammer on Arkansas, but that doesn't prove much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks