2007 Various Guild Awards (Actors, Producers, Cinematographers, Art Directors +)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vickie_M, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

NEW: link to Guilds page, up to date

http://suspended-in-gaffa.com/guilds/

I decided it would be easiest if I kept this list as a web page, then I wouldn't have to split them up. Since the archives are toast at some point I'll put up links to my old threads too, since I do have most of them as text files. I just need to html'ize them.

Now all the extra posts I made here are redundant. Ah well.

2. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

unnecessary placeholder

3. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

unnecessary placeholder

4. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

unnecessary placeholder

5. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

The first two are in, Producers and SAG. I've seen all of these movies except for Half-Nelson and Venus (which hasn't opened here yet).

I'm thrilled for Leonardo getting two SAG nominations. I assume their rules are similar to the AMPAS rules, in that they couldn't put both performances in Lead (whereas the Golden Globes had no such rules and did just that), so they put Blood Diamond in Lead, and The Departed in Supporting. I'd love the see that happen at the Oscars, but I won't be disappointed to see The Departed performance in Lead.

Good for the cast of Bobby! Good for Jackie Earle Haley and Adriana Barraza and Penelope Cruz and Rinko Kikuchi!

I'm very happy with all these nominations. This year nothing I felt passionate about is in contention for anything serious, so on the one hand I don't care quite as much what happens (it's hard to get motivated). On the other hand, I can be happy for the nominees without feeling competitive angst.

I'm kicking myself for missing Half-Nelson.

6. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

Good to have you back, Vickie M. We don't see enough of the veterans around here anymore. I was waiting for the trademark "Vickie Guilds thread" to show up!

Regards,
    Nathan

7. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

Directors Guild noms are up.

Thanks Nathan. I'm having a tough time this year. None of the movies I was passionate about (such as Apocalypto) are up for any major awards, so it's tedious this year to get myself to care about any of them. The different boards, the length limit of posts, and the archives being gone depress me too. Ah well, what can you do? I'm just in a different mindset this year.

Last year's blow of Brokeback Mountain losing BP hurt bad, I still haven't fully recovered, and I told myself then that I wasn't going to care about awards anymore. In the back of my mind though, I thought maybe if something I was passionate about got in this year, I'd feel differently. Now the time has come, and there's nothing for me. The movies are all good, but there's no Brokeback or LOTR or Moulin Rouge to get me excited. The Guilds are all playing it very safe this year, and Oscar will too, I'm sure.

I have the VES nominations. I'll try to get them up sometime soon.

8. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I love this thread for compiling all the guild nominations. you do such great work Vicky! [​IMG]