What's new

2007 Film List (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
There Will Be Blood - 8 of 10

Wonderful film with incredible production design, solid cinematography and a tremendous pair of central performances from Paul Dano and Daniel Day Lewis.

That said the film is a little hollow, but possibly one that will improve with age and repeat viewings.

I feel much the same about this film as I felt about No country for old men, though I think this film has a much better ending, but not close to a years best for me.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
In the last two weeks, I've seen Shoot 'Em Up (3 stars) and Michael Clayton (4 stars).

I'm up to 30 now, which means I can go post a Top 10 list! :)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Ocean's 13 - 9 of 10

Possibly the most entertaining film of 2007. Brilliant from start to finish, and imo, the best of the entire series. Very funny and smart, ludicrously complicated but so suave it makes it seem simple. Exceptional technical prowess on display as well in the cinematography and editing.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Dan in Real Life - 9 of 10

I'm holding off rating this a 10 because I expect it to go up in my estimation. fabulous performances, a spot on script and an extended family dynamic that is so much like my own extended family that I was gasping from laughter at so many little 'family jokes' moments throughout the film. I'm going right out and buying it my next paycheck, absolutely fabulous and my new number four for the year, very likely to become my number two or one.

Steve Carrell's best performance by a mile, and for some reason made me recall Cary Grant in Bringing Up Baby (many times throughout the film) though this is not a screwball comedy.

When they did the family fun night talent show I was dying with laughter. likewise the competitive crosswords. So incredibly brilliant, and the script is very tight, little things that are planted and seeded throughout the film come back in to play afterwards, the comedy continues to pay off in ways you wouldn't expect based on the foundation laid in the opening minutes (as well as throughout the film) and the writer and director build the emotional qualities of the film naturally out of the comedy as an integral part of it rather than as a separate element. there's something so old fashioned about that it's breathtaking.

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks