What's new

2005 Tour De France (1 Viewer)

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Sure enough! Lance laid the law down today. Discovery set the pace, and all the other coward teams set in the back thinking they'd get a chance to attack... yeah right. Not with a Texan on the lead team. All those teams did is bleed riders, cracking one after the other. Lance sent the clear message if they want it then they'll have to pay for it in blood sweat and tears. The rest day seems to have taken it's toll.

I love the night life, I love to boogie... Disco rules! :)

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Happy Bastille Day!

Frenchman David Moncoutie of Cofidis takes the stage win.

Overall, there was not change to the GC. Rasmussen is still pecking at Lance's heels with 38 seconds. Lance needs to put some distance from him.

Team Disco suffered the loss of Manuel Beltran in an accident and had to withdraw. His services will be missed in the Pyrenees.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda hard to put distance on Rasmussen when he lurks right behind the team and refuses to do any work at the front. I think the only chance to permanently shake him is if Lance can get in the mountains on a day when he's having a off day and put a few minutes on him. That or during the next Time Trial Disco needs to jam.

AjayM

Screenwriter
Rasmussen will probably lose around 3-4 minutes and realistically more in the final TT. He lost over 3 minutes to Lance in the opening TT and that was only 19km (the final is 55km). He's essentially not considered a threat, unless he's able to put some major time into Lance tomorrow or the next day (Sat&Sun, as they're basically the 2 most important mountain stages this year), he'd need a good 5-6 minutes at least in order to have a shot of winning.

Barring any major "issue" (crash, real bad day, etc) Lance has essentially wrapped up this tour, of course all of those could very well happen, we've seen Lance had "off" days before and even bonk in the mountains, which could easily bring the contenders back into the picture.

Andrew

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Hincapie Rocks!

After ten Tours de France, George Hincapie finally wins a stage. Stage 15 was amazing. Some of the most awesome climbing I've ever seen. Thanks OLN for showing the whole finish without commercial interruption. I was on the edge of my seat.

Lance going mano a mano with Basso was just as exciting. I think it is safe to say that Ullrich is done. Rasmussen is fighting hard to keep a podium place in Paris.

Will Lance win a stage? That is really the only outstanding question.

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
I think during the TT Lance may let go and put the hammer down. Today it was great to see Georgie get the stage wine. it couldn't have been a more perfect, better thing to occur for all the sacrifices he and others in his line of work than for him to be rewarded after a decade of putting other interests before his own ambitions.

With that said I was hoping Lance would catch up in time and they would come in 1-2 with Lance letting George go ahead. Oh well, still more racing to go, the Tour isn't over yet.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Now the Disco Boys can play it safe for the most part. The Men in Pink might turn it up a bit to ensure that Ullrich is within a good ITT of another podium finish.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Wow, what a finish to a great Tour.

Lance is now has number Seven.

T-Mobile is losing a great rider in Vinokourov who raced brilliantly today to win the stage. However gets him to sign up may just have the next Tour winner.

Now I'll be in withdrawl until next year. I've promised myself to be in France next year for the post-Lance era. I can't wait.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Michael, if you get Discovery HD be sure to check out the HD version of that show. It has only one break (to promote other Discovery HD programming), and it appears to have some additional material. Regardless, in HD it looks amazing with none of those odd edits for commercial breaks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Nils:
Fortunately after the post I made about the show, I did manage to see it on Discovery HD. The HD picture was wonderful and I really hope that Discovery gets some good HD footage this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks