What's new

2005 Fantasy Football advice (1 Viewer)

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator
For my WR3 spot, should I start Housh @Chi, Jimmy Smith @NYJ, or Glenn @SF?

For my RB2 spot, J Jones @SF or Cadillac @GB?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Cadillac has been out performing Jones for the last two weeks. I don't see that changing for this week.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
drew bennett (Q) @ stl.
T. Galloway @ GB.
or...my sleeper pickup of the week...
travis taylor (min) at home vs. New Orleans.

Burleson is out.
I know Culpepper has stunk it up but I think against a disorganized NO team, it may yield dividends.

thoughts ?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Until the Vikings start playing better, I'd stay away from their receivers and RBs. I think Bennett's a good play this week -- I'm starting him for the first time this year (benching a disappointing Kennison and AGreen with a bad matchup vs. TB).

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Wow, I'm impressed. 2-3 great predictions. Galloway and Taylor both scored two TDs.

I'm very happy with my boys this week as I have the high score for the week. Thanks to my top performers Westbrook, Hines Ward and Steve Smith. Now if I can only get that slacker Peyton Manning to produce.;) I have his brother on my team too and he's out performed him for two weeks in a row. If it happens again next week then I might seriously consider actually switching them (assuming the matchups are favorable.) Just kidding....but not really.:D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: :angry: I lost by .86!!!

I had Travis Taylor and Brandon Lloyd on my bench. Curse you Joe Horn!!

Let down by my D too. Buffalo has only scored 6pts combined the last 2 weeks. How do you play Atlanta and not get a single sack?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My team finally performed this week, thanks to Shaun Alexander and Torry Holt. I'm now tied for first place in my division at 1-2. We've renamed our division the NFC North. :laugh:

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking about picking up B. Lloyd this week from the waiver list as he is still available and I'm not too impressed with my WR's. Who, if anyone, would you drop to make room?
D. Mason BAL
I. Bruce STL (just got some turf toe)
T. Glenn DAL
R. Williams DET
Again, scoring only league.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bruce. I'm thinking of releasing him as well.

I had a great week on my church league. Tomlinson ran like a madman and scored 40+ for me in the ESPN league while Carson Palmer continues to be a stud. Ward played well too.

OTOH my other league needs points from Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez. I need 11 pts tonight. I think I should easily get that.
The Vikes burned me this week because I had their kicker on the bench. I thought they'd be a high scoring team instead normally they are just high thanks to the whizzinator. Now they finally put together a real game and I could have used the points.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Philip, the only player out of that list I would consider dropping for Lloyd is Mason. Baltimore's offense is dreadful. However, if Bruce's injury is going to keep him out for many weeks, then he would be a candidate. If he's only going to miss 1-2 weeks, though, hang onto him.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i'm thinking of dropping the Bills defense. too bad they have new orleans this week, that'll make it harder for me to drop them.

atlanta's d is on the waiver wire and has been outplaying them but i'm concerned about their injuries at db.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking of replacing them too, unfortunately there's not much left in our league. I'd jump at the chance to get Atanta. My only choices are Miami who's off this week and Tennessee who're playing the Colts. Indy has just got to have a huge game one of these weeks.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I have Bills D too and I like my chances this week. In my league D/ST are usually not huge point gainers so I just want them to be average at best instead of the elite FF defense that many "experts" labeled them as in the preseason.

I picked up Giants D off free agency so I'll just juggle between the two depending on matchups.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I could use some trade advice. I'm still trying to upgrade my QB position -- I have Plummer, Griese and Pennington (who looks to be done). Our league's McNabb owner is interested in Eddie Kennison. He has Eli Manning, McNair and Frerotte as backup QB's (he's been hording QB's).

I cannot decide between Manning and McNair. Manning's currently averaging 17.82 points, while McNair is averaging 13.81. However, McNair's remaining schedule appears to be easier, and I could also pick up Billy Volek to protect myself.

Help! Is Manning the real deal this year, or should I take the conservative approach and go for McNair?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I have been keeping my eye on Manning this year since he is on my bench and my co-owner is a big time Giants fan. He looks like he's going to continue to produce all year. I say real deal. But then again...I know nothing.:b

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw go for Manning. I did! :emoji_thumbsup:

The Chiefs bad luck in Denver bit me last night :frowning:

On the flip side, I won a free steak in my church league. Thank you LT and Carson Palmer!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I got offered Stephen Davis for Hines Ward. I'm probably going to take it since I need another productive RB and I'll still have a WR lineup of Horn, Glenn, & Brandon Lloyd with Travis Taylor and Stokely on the bench.

I made a bunch of trade offers today so I'm going to see if I hear anything back on those first.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Depending on your league scoring, I would rather have Ward than Stephen Davis. If you get points per reception, Ward is much more valuable. Also, Davis hasn't been healthy in two years, is 31 years old, and has a young DeShaun Foster behind him. I wouldn't count on him lasting the season.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
We don't get pts per reception (I wish, I'd be in great shape if we did and would have won easily this past week) So they are virtually even on points scored this year. Hines isn't going to catch 2 TD's every week and I have other productive WR's I can play.

Here are my RB's. I think you'd agree I need to improve here.

Domenick Davis, Willie Parker, Cedric Benson, The Bus

Users who are viewing this thread