What's new

2005 Fantasy Football advice (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Considering where the players went in most drafts, trade TO for Priest before the other guy comes to his senses. Having both LT2 and Priest in unheard of with a non-keeper team. You don't have much quality depth at RB now, unless Foster gets the starting job at some point. Your other receivers are servicable, but not great. Bennett and Moulds are decent, but Muhammed's not going to do much in Chicago with that putrid offense.

After that trade, you could always try to package either Foster or Brown with Muhammed for a better receiver.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Arrrrg, wrong thread...meant this to go in the NFL discussion thread although Mathis being lost probably for the year might have some minor implications when dealing with Fantasy defenses.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Im benching my starting WR's who were craptastic last week in favor of my bench. Mistake?

Out:
A Johnson (playing PIT this week)
H Ward (playing HOU this week)

In:
S Smith (playing NE this week)
E Kennison (playing OAK this week)

I'm doing this not only because Smith and Kennison did well last week but its also about what I think is going to happen in this week's HOU-PIT game. Carr is looking bad and PIT's def is looking good so I'm not liking Johnson's chances. As for Ward, PIT's running game is looking good while HOU's run def is lookin bad. PIT might do what they did last week and run like 80% of the time. Ward is not going to get many passes thrown to him.

Anyone see flaws in my logic? (besides the fact that I know nothing, as previously proven, and anything can happen any given Sunday.)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
No, that's what I'd do too.

I wouldn't be playing Ward if I had a better option. I'm kicking myself for not trading him when I had a chance before the season and for drafting him in the first place when there were plenty of other receiver's available.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hunter, New England also has a good pass defense. Personally, I'd go with Ward and Kennison this week.

Of course, I benched Plummer (8 points) for Pennington (1 point) last week and lost by 4 points, so don't listen to me. :frowning:

This week I'm starting:

QB: Plummer vs. San Diego
RB: Alexander vs. Atlanta
RB: AGreen vs. Cleveland
RB: FTaylor vs. Indy
WR: Holt at Arizona
WR: Kennison at Oakland
TE: McMichael at NYJ

My other options are:
QB: Griese vs. Buffalo (defense too good)
QB: Pennington vs. Miami (he's not burning me two straight weeks)
WR: Houshman vs. Minn (an option over Kennison or Taylor)
WR: Bennett vs. Baltimore (defense too good)
WR: Randle El at Houston
WR: GLewis vs. SF
TE: ASmith vs. Buffalo

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I'd play Smith over Ward. In fact, I'd consider Smith unbenchable until he proves otherwise.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Yeah, I am concerned about that since NE is good at taking away a team's primary threat and I'm worried they might consider Smith that. But then I see how many pass attempts Pitt did last week when their run their running game was working so well and I'm guessing its going to be more of the same. So I flipped a coin and chose Smith.:frowning:

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
Who should I start at WR? (Start 3)

I'm thinking:
Reggie Wayne
Eddie Kennison
Derrick Mason

Reserve: Anquan Boldin

Questioning whether I should start Boldin instead of Mason or Wayne.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Start Boldin over Mason. Until Baltimore shows they can pass the ball (and they have a new QB), Mason should be on your bench, considering your other options. Kennison's not an every week starter, but this is a good week to start him against the Raiders.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
D. Bledsoe @ SF
or
T. Brady @ PIT

Scoring only league, can only start one.

Leaning towards Bledsoe against the weeker DEF.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
All I know is that my team got CRUSHED:angry: last week because McNabb scored 50 fantasy pts agains SF, while P. Manning got me onry 4 pts.:frowning:

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
alright, i have a conundrum primarily caused by Ahman Green being useless

So now i'm stuck choosing between stephen davis against a tough Miami Defense or Larry Johnson and his 1/3rd of the carries against denver. I picked up Marcel Shipp but I'm not sure if he's officially been named starter

I'm forced to go with Davis, but I don't like it one bit. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I feel for you, Hunter. I got "McNabbed" last week, too. He scored 42 points against me, and I lost 149-142.

That's a tough one. Johnson is a high risk/reward choice -- he could get you a lot, or nothing. Davis is probably the safe choice. I'm planning on benching AGreen, too.

Here are my difficult decisions:

QB: Plummer vs. KC; Griese @ GB; Pennington vs. Jax
RB/WR: FTaylor @ NYJ; AGreen vs. TB; DBennett @StL; Kennison @ Denv; Houshman @ Chi pick 3

Right now I'm going with: (bold are set in stone)

QB: Griese
RB: SAlexander; FTaylor
WR: Holt; Bennett; Houshman

I'm still considering Plummer at QB, and either Kennison or AGreen at RB/WR. Plummer and Pennington have killed me the first two weeks, though, and Kennison's done nothing, either.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Should I start:

1) Kerry Collins v. Eagles
2) Byron Leftwich v. Jets

I'm always tempted to use Collins because I've also got Randy Moss, so it's sweet to get the double points for touchdowns. But I think Collins is definitely going against the better team this week.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

If Leftwich is healthy, he's probably the better play. However, I read reports that Jax was planning on running Fred taylor more this week, since Leftwich will be playing hurt. I have Iron Byron in my keeper league, but I'm not considering him this week (I also have Trent Green and Brian Griese in that league).

In order to try and upgrade my lousy QB situation, I have proposed the following trade:

Trade away -- Travis Henry and Chad Pennington
Receive -- Steve McNair and Najeh Davenport

The other owner has McNabb, but has no depth at RB. I own AGreen, so Davenport has some value to me as a backup. I also have Shaun Alexander and Fred Taylor, so my RB depth is decent. McNair's schedule looks better than Pennington's, and I'm not convinced that Chad's shoulder has healed.

Any opinions?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Stephen Davis had a strong week last week. He got three TD's off a supposedly strong NE def so I think he has potential to do some good for you against MIA too.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Phillip on most but I'd start Housh instead of Bennett.

I have McNabb but I still lost by 10, 138-128. What sucks is that no other team in our league even broke 100. The swing was our defenses, he had the Bears who scored 33 in our system, and mine only scored 2.

I've got problems too this week.

Thanks to Domenick Davis on a bye, I guess I'll start Travis Henry vs. Rams since my only other option is Cedric Benson vs. Bengals. Neither are getting that many carries but I think the Rams are softer against the run than the Bengals.

My 3rd WR spot is up in the air too. I've got a choice between Brandon Stokely vs. Cle (has done nothing this year but I think the Colts may finally be able to air it out this week), Terry Glenn vs. 49ers (coming off big week, plus Niners are very burnable), and Travis Taylor vs NO (Taylor was pretty active last week, Burleson's hurt, Minn can't keep playing this badly can they?)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

T. Glenn vs. 49ers. He's listed as the #2 WR and is rebuilding the chemistry with Bledsoe. In fact, Glenn was available in one of my leagues and I picked him up if nothing else just to start this one game. Having said that, I'm sure he'll go 2 out of 5 for 16 yards with a fumble. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks