Real Name
Matthew
Phe! I've got a better haiku that sum up my feelings:

Peacock takes a crap.
Somehow, "Joey" was renewed.
God please kill me now.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
i don't watch much tv (maybe 1-2 hours per week) but i'll be checking out my name is earl. hope it lives up to its potential.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
tvguide.com has some news posted about ABC's line-up:

UPFRONT WEEK CONTINUES...: If Jennifer Garner's rumored pregnancy doesn't derail the fifth season of Alias, this certainly will: ABC is shifting the spy thriller to Thursdays at 8 pm. The resurgent network is also moving Lost back an hour, to Wednesdays at 9 pm. It's all part of an aggressive new fall schedule that features six new dramas and five new comedies. The new shows include the alien conspiracy thriller Invasion, comedies starring Freddie Prinze Jr., Fred Savage and Heather Graham, and Commander in Chief, featuring Geena Davis as the first female president. Gone are My Wife & Kids, 8 Simple Rules, Complete Savages, Blind Justice and Eyes. And in a head-scratcher of a decision, the net has opted not to euthanize The Bachelor; the ailing franchise will return at midseason after Monday Night Football wraps. So, let me get this straight: Eyes is dead but The Bachelor is alive and kicking? OK, just checking.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That ABC lineup is all F'd up! Who thought putting comedies in front of "Lost" would be a good idea?

Say goodbye to Blind Justice and Eyes. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Blind Justice, but it did stretch believability at times.

Alias has an uphill road next season being on Thursday now.

I will not watch "Freddie". Nope, nah-ganna-da-it.

Invasion will probably be inertial viewing after Lost, at least to sample it at the start of the fall season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Interesting to see ABC not holding Alias back again; it worked well for 24, but Alias seemed to be boosted by Lost rather than by no-repeat scheduling. There's going to be whining about putting it on Thursday, but this will be its fifth season, and it's put up or shut up time. And, hey, Jake In Progress (somehow) survived that slot.

So, does The Catch not being on the schedule make it well and truly completely dead, or is Abrams going to hold out for a midseason pickup?

I'm already a little worried about Tuesday at 9pm. I like Geena Davis a lot, so I'll likely watch Commander in Chief, but I'm really hoping UPN finds a new spot for Veronica Mars; that slot's shaping up to be amazingly crowded.

It's kind of reassuring to see that despite its recent success (and 2004-2005 was HUGE for them), ABC hasn't lost their tendency to binge on stuff like their most recent succes - in this case, Lost has spawned two more vaguely sci-fi-y shows, Invasion and The Night Stalker.

Also: That is a seriously deep bench, especially when you consider how solid the schedule is and that Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal have leftover episodes on top of their full-season order. Really, ABC's got no excuse for showing reruns of anything.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I'm disappointed to see Alias thrown to the Thursday night wolves, but really, putting it up against the other shows on Thursday besides Survivor makes sense. I think it would have done better if it stayed paired with Lost but I think Jason put it well in his comments about it being its 5th season. I do think it is strange to pair Lost with comedies...no real crossover audience there.

I think ABC had a lot to go into next year with but I'm less than impressed with its new additions to the schedule. I still think it'll do well next season overall (although comparisons to this year could be tough).

ABC's moving of Alias sucks... I already watch OC during that time period. But at least it will free up the Wednesday 9pm slot, which I might start watching that new NBC drama E-Ring with Benjamin Bratt.

The thing I'm dissapointed most about is American Dreams :frowning: .. what a horrible ending to a great show.. and we might not ever get it resolved.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Kolchak back on Prime Time. Yes!! Hope they throw McGavin a bone here with a cameo or something.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And WB's up. I guess no-one friggin' fears Survivor anymore, huh? Do they know something we don't?

Then again, as much as a Thursday crunch may annoy me, you can't expect networks to punt one of the two more valuable nights on television, advertising-wise, forever just because one network has a juggernaut. Of course, this doesn't explain why WB seems willing to just throw Sunday away.

Although, what's the deal with Charmed? Its ratings stink, this will be its eighth year so Combs and Milano must be on their second raises, and WB doesn't see any of the DVD/third-run/toy/collectible/tie-in money from it. Does Spelling threaten to take Seventh Heaven to UPN if it's not renewed or something?

And poor, poor Supernatural. I like Padalecki, and if it's as good as the hype, it could be a great horror show, but the competition will eat it. (Of course, I thought something similar about Desperate Housewives being doomed)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That Joey held its own against Survivor while Scrubs got its ass handed to it by House, The Amazing Race, and friggin' According to Jim? There's also talk that they're accomodating the cast members' other commitments, in which case it's not exactly a vote of no confidence.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Here comes the WB:
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr...d=20050517wb01

THE WB's 2005-2006 PRIMETIME PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE (All times ET)

Sunday
5:00-5:30 p.m. Easy View presentation of “What I Like About You”
5:30-6:00 p.m. Easy View presentation of “What I Like About You”
6:00-7:00 p.m. Easy View presentation of “One Tree Hill”
7:00-7:30 p.m. “Reba” (encore presentation)
7:30-8:00 p.m. “Reba” (encore presentation)
8:00-9:00 p.m. “Charmed”
9:00-10:00 p.m. “Blue Collar TV”

Monday
8:00-9:00 p.m. “7th Heaven”
9:00-10:00 p.m. “JUST LEGAL”

Tuesday
8:00-9:00 p.m. “Gilmore Girls”
9:00-10:00 p.m. “SUPERNATURAL”

Wednesday
8:00-9:00 p.m. “One Tree Hill”
9:00-10:00 p.m. “RELATED”

Thursday
8:00-9:00 p.m. “Smallville”
9:00-10:00 p.m. “Everwood”

Friday
8:00-8:30 p.m. ‘What I Like About You”
8:30-9:00 p.m. ‘TWINS”
9:00-9:30 p.m. ‘Reba”
9:30-10:00 p.m. ‘Living With Fran”

Is it just me, or are more shows moving around on the schedule than in other years?

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, the stuff I watch has sure been shaken up! I don't really mind Smallville and Everwood being moved too much, since I don't have anything else on Thursdays besides Survivor. But, this means I won't have anything at all on Mondays, and that kind of stinks! :frowning: And I don't really mind Lost being moved, because I always record it and watch it later.

I'm getting more and more fearful of tomorrows CBS announcement. I don't know why I even watch their shows, because every year they always kill a couple that I watch. It looks like Numb3rs is coming back, and that is good news, but I really wanted to see both Joan of Arcadia and Judging Amy come back. From the articles I'm reading though, it looks like at least one of the two will get axed. I sure hope it's Joan of Arcadia that comes back. I do like Amy, but it's had a pretty long run, and it did end ok, so I'm hoping for Joan!

Evan M

Second Unit
Personally, I love it! I have nothing to watch on Thursdays currently.. that's gonna rock. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Fox doesn't move The O.C. from Thursday, and CBS stands pat, Thursdays are going to be packed for me:

WB:
Smallville
Everwood

ABC:
Alias

CBS:
Survivor
CSI
Without A Trace (this one is on thin ice)

NBC:
Joey/Will&Grace
E.R.
(I'm done with the Apprentice - no more)

Fox:
The O.C.
(and whatever might show up in the 9 p.m. slot)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, UPN's still showing Smackdown!, so it won't be quite as insane as Tuesday at 9pm, where there's the very real chance of all six networks having something worth watching, presuming that NBC's Jason Lee comedy doesn't suck.

Right now, I'm looking at the schedule and trying to figure out where Veronica Mars can go without getting crushed. For all people complain about there being nothing good on TV, there are darn few times when a show can get a chance to thrive without nasty competition.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If WB hadn't moved Smallville, I could probably find time to watch it. This season, I've stopped watching due to Lost and Alias beats out Smallville IMHO.

Phil Dally

Stunt Coordinator
I've watched Judging Amy once But I have never missed a Joan of Arcadia. They'll probably keep Amy because it's "for the children".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks