What's new

2004 movies you walked out on. AKA worst movies. (1 Viewer)

joey_

Auditioning
Let me see movies i've Walked out on or Would Never Pay To See

1.Legally Blonde 2
2.Dumb & Dumberer
3.Soul Plane
4.Johnson Family Vac.
4.Bloodsport 2-100
5.Anything That Has Chyna o'Brian in it
6.The Hulk
7.Shark Tale
8.American Wedding
9.Dirty Dancing "Havana Nights"
10.Fast & Furious 2
11.New York Minute
12.Win a Date with Tad Hamilton!
13.You Got Served
14.Scooby-Doo
15.Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
16.The Alamo
17.Envy
18.Around the World in 80 Days
19.Catwoman
20.Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid
21.The Cookout
22.Cellular
23.First Daughter
24.Shaun of the Dead
25.Surviving Christmas
26.Seed of Chucky
27.Alexander
28.Chrismas With The Kranks
Not Any Pitcular Order these are movies ithink are just horrible

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I was talking about S.I.C.K. aka SERIAL INSANE CLOWN KILLER. For every great screener comes something like this. :)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Most of the movies people have mentioned weren't that bad. Dont get me wrong I agree that Van Helsing wasnt very good at all, but I think many people here dont know how truly awful a movie can be.

I have never walked out on movie, but if I were to make up a list of ones in recent years that I couldnt wait to end I would include these:

Species 2
Universal Soldier 2
Dracula 2k
and Wing Commander.

I can see people not enjoying movies like Hellboy and Kill Bill Vol 2, but I think sometimes I feel people overstate their dissappointment in a movie.

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
yes, whilst bad movies like van helsing and AvP can still be entertaining. It's the dull bad movies that are a choir to sit through that are the worst, and fight club is the biggest choir of all. The film makers should have to pay people to watch it. I didnt have any real opinions on ed norton before the film, by the end i hated him and would avoid any film with him in it. I never realised before watching it that one film could have such an impact on my opinion of an actor.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not I. I said exactly how I felt during those movies. Black Mask was so offensive I left. And I left screaming from Alien, an emotionally scarred child (But years of therapy and medication helped with that ;) )

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

Yikes. I love Cast Away and think Traffic is a masterpiece.

(flame suit) I enjoyed Van Helsing!(/flame suit).

Hey Matt Stone, I'm with ya on Fight Club! That film is a masterpiece. I've probably seen it 15-20 times.

I wanted to walk out of Pearl Harbor, but since I was with 8 other people, I really couldn't. It ended up being my worst movie of 2001 and of the decade so far, whereas one of my friends think it's the best movie of 2001 and one of the best ever. And no, he doesn't smoke crack! :)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Haven't walked out this year, didn't see that many.

The only one I ever walked out on was Bill murray's remake of The Razor's Edge. It had more wooden acting than "Pinocchio".

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator

I'd tell anyone anything they wanted to know rather than that, that just sounds so horrible. Forcing people to watch fight club must surely be against the geneva convention. To truly realize what a bad movie this is you have to be able to see through the facade of it, then you realize rather than being the clever movie it's trying to be, it's actually an incredibly dull movie narrated by someone with the personality of a goldfish.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Hey, before you go on being close-minded about what others might think of the film, it's the 2nd ranked film at YMDB and it's ranked 41st at IMDB. I'm not saying it's the best film ever made, and I'm certainly not saying you should like it, but you seem to be telling a lot of people that they're blind and can't "see through the facade of" the film.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Wow!! I owe a friend of mine an apology. To this day I've been berating him for walking out on Fight Club. I thought he was nuts. Fight Club, to me, is one of THE defining pictures of the 90's, a film that pretty much capitolized on most of what the "Gen X" generation was feeling, and a picture that, in our current post 9/11 political climate, would never get made today. I do consider it a masterpiece, and think it well be to the 90's what "Raging Bull" is to the 80's.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Wow!! I owe a friend of mine an apology. To this day I've been berating him for walking out on Fight Club. I thought he was nuts. Fight Club, to me, is one of THE defining pictures of the 90's, a film that pretty much capitolized on most of what the "Gen X" generation was feeling, and a picture that, in our current post 9/11 political climate, would never get made today.

Well, certain aspects of it are already dated, wouldn't you say?

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War."
--Fight Club

You want one, Tyler? Well, you got one. Of course, Tyler was a terrorist who wanted to destroy financial centers by bringing down skyscrapers, so no telling what side of the fight he would be on.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, the book was a cautionary tale about the self-defeating nature of violence and the emptiness of such solutions. The film altered the ending into an anarchist pro-terrorism tract.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

The book still came of as pretty much pro-terrorist to me, in that there isn't alot of remorse, at lease AFAIR.

I like the movie ending too, you can almost see an executive asking for a happy ending where the guy gets the girl, than getting something else all together.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree with Russell as far as the terrorist themes in the book vs. the movie. The book always seemed more extremist to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks