What's new

2004 CEDIA Coverage (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I will be at the upcoming CEDIA show. Does anyone have questions about any upcoming product that they would like me to try to get specs on or an answer for? Do you want to see pictures of any particular product? Anything thing in particular you are interested in seeing or knowing? Post what you want or are looking for here and I will do my best to get the info you want and upload/post it from Indy.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Video scaler products....

The more info the better. In particular, I want to see a device that can take my svideo laserdisc input, and scale it back out component video at 1080i.

I only know of one such device, and it gets mixed reviews at best. But, I'll bet more are either out there, or comming very soon.

But basically a device that can take a multitude of different types of inputs and be able to output, via various HD type connections / resolutions.

RomanSohor

Second Unit

I have seen some demos at some trade shows of some of Kramer's scalers, and they have one that looked really great to me.... basically it would take any type of input you could imagine (VGA, DVI, Component, Composite, S-Video) at resolutions like VGA to UXGA, 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, and then output it via VGA cable or (I think) component video, I know it did VGA because it was connected to a PC monitor... looked great scaling a DVD to 1024x768 for showing on a monitor. If I had the money, I'd love to get one but it was in the 1500 range (they were touting the low price) because it would be great for those of us with fixed pixel displays to convert everything to our display's native resolution... kind of hard to find an 800X600 upconverting DVD player for my Epson 5300! :-D

John S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Roman, I will look into it. Costly booger though huh... lol Worth it if it does a bang up job at it though. I never thought much of scaled video, until I got the DVD player that scales to 1080i. I'm sort of sold on it now.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor

Could you please check to see if Pioneer is releasing any DVD players. Universal changers?

Thanks.

RomanSohor

Second Unit

Yeah well apparently it's a special scaler, most of them don't usually scale VGA sources, so when you switch it's not seamless and all that but this one I saw was totally seamless. I was very impressed. We actually MIGHT buy one for use in a classroom install... wehave used an extron system 7 right now, i know it converts composite and svideo to VGA but i'm not sure if it really does much scaling.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
How about multidisk universal changers at the 300-400 disk capacity. Will sony or pioneer have new models or will they give up on this type of players...

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
We'll all be in shock if Sony releases a UNIVERSAL player. (let alone changer)

DVD-A is a competitor to SACD, which is Sonys' baby.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Check on the new Marantz Receievers(heard DVI switching), Yamahas new recieves and if Denon is going to release a 4805...

David Judah

Screenwriter

In addition to that, Adam, could you also ask about the DVD player that goes with it--the Panasonic DVDS-97?

Thanks,

DJ

Bill Will

Screenwriter
How widespread the HDMI Input will be used on the "New" products "especially low-priced DVD Players/Recorders, Receivers & etc. & maybe a forcast of when we might expect to see Hi-Def DVD Players & Recorders arrive here. Also if "Any" company has any plans on ever making a 38" 16:9 Tube again or even a 40" Tube.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I am interested in the Onkyo 802 receiver (auto eq & i-link?), and also their new universal player, the DV-SP502.

Ill second the query on Pioneer's new DVD player.

Also at AV Watch. Oct 15 release date. (The player does have DCDi.)

David Judah

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info., Rob--I hope those dates stand. I've been waiting a long time for those units.

DJ

Chip E

Screenwriter
B&K information please!

Upgrades becoming available: Firewire activation, PLIIx, talk about a universal player based on a Pioneer 59avi.
New product info..

Thanks.

David Judah

Screenwriter

I'll let you know.:)

I'm getting the DVDS-97 for free(a warranty replacement for a Technics DVD-A10)and I want the receiver to mate with the player so I can have a digital link for DVD-A(it'll replace an RP91 that is still working fine for film based discs, but I like the idea of having DCDi for better video based playback).

I'm using an XR25 receiver now, which I've been very pleased with, so I expect their flagship(it's kind of funny saying flagship for a $400 receiver)to be even better. These Panny digital receivers are amazing little units. They've really changed my outlook on this hobby, since previously I was on a steady upgrade path to more and more expensive equipment. For my needs, I've found it isn't necessary to spend thousands of dollars on seperates. IMO, the TI solution in these Pannys is that good.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks