What's new

2003 ML Baseball Playoff Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"but the Yankees run out the Irish Tenor every night to keep the opposing pitcher from warming up? Double standards??"

No, because Ronan is brilliant with his rendition. Irish tenor refers to a type of singer and doesn't mean he wasn't born in the US.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
No, because Ronan is brilliant with his rendition. Irish tenor refers to a type of singer and doesn't mean he wasn't born in the US.
He was born in Kilkenny, Ireland

Not that it matters, It's much more appropriate to have an Irishman who can actually sing the song, than having some no talent ass-clown that happened to be born in this country, which is usually what we get at major sporting events.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Irish tenor refers to a type of singer and doesn't mean he wasn't born in the US.
Of course it has every thing to do with were he was born and his heritage. Saying it has to do only with his singing style is nonsense.

He does have a good voice but it's nothing special and as far as including the first verse, there is a reason it's generally skipped. I prefer the song without it but that's just my preference.

Now I'm going to say something that some will not understand and others will vilify me for but I think it’s time to stop the mandatory singing of God Bless America during the seventh inning before it becomes too routine. Bring it out for Memorial Day and Independence Day when it would have much more meaning and significance.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Our paper described David Wells today as a "40 year old fat blob with a mustache". Guess they don't like that crazy nut.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
His heritage yes, but as far as where he was born, not necessarily so.

We've had so many garbage renditions of both songs at sporting events for too long that I'm all for seeing one more traditional done instead.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I hope they get creative like they did with the Giants. When JT Snow came to bat they played Frosty the Snowman for him at Pro Player.
Wasn't some stadium organist fired, or maybe just reprimanded, this year for playing the theme from Woody Woodpecker when Rafael Palmiero came to bat?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks