2003-2004 NFL Season (Playoffs and coaching moves)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Tim Abbott, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

good god, my beloved Pats cut Lawyer Milloy and he signs with Buffalo the next day??!!! This should make for an interesting Sunday opener.........

2. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

3. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

4. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

I agree losing Hugh was big. I also think not getting a big name wide reciever, especially with their cap room, was not smart. Then again, I'm not running a football team, so what do I know?

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

To be frank I don't think the big name wide recievers were there. Peerless is somewhat overrated IMHO and Atlanta offered too much. And then there is David Boston who comes with his own set of issues and neither one of these will come cheap.

There wasn't much out there IMHO unless the Eagles wanted to not get a replacement for their D which would have been a mistake imho.

6. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Well, Laverneas Coles showed to be a good pickup. He had 106 yds receiving. Imagine if Philly picked him up. [​IMG]

Good game tonight, though I was sorta going for the Jets.

7. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

Man, Lisa Gurerrro or whatever is a real dunce. I miss Melissa Stark already [​IMG]

8. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

What we saw tonight were two mediocre teams who WILL NOT go to the playoffs. The Jets looked absolutely anemic tonight, and one seriously needs to question their front office management. They get rid of their best receiver (who lit em up tonight), one of the best kickers in the league, and one of the best kick return men as well?? Did they WANT this to be a rebuilding year, after a Division Title last season? Vinny has nothing left, as he appeared to be winded in the second quarter. And how about that third-down play calling? Lamont Jordan is one of the worst third down backs in the league!! This team is a sad sad mess...

As for the Redskins, they should be pleased. The running game was strong, Ramsey showed tremendous poise, albeit against a one man D (Abraham), and the defense showed alot of guts especially in the fourth quarter. Yes, as usual, the referees did their best to keep it close, but the Skins showed great perseverance. Now let's see them do that against a first-tier team.

9. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I wouldn't count the Redskins out just yet. I don't think they'll win their division obviously, but I think if they can improve over the course of the season, they have the talent to sneak in as a wild card team.

It doesn't help they have one of the toughest schedules in the league, though.

10. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Good first half. Spurrier impressed me by allowing his offense to control the clock. Welcome to the NFL!

Coles looked like one of the best receivers in the NFL, which he is. Why is Canidate the starter? Betts looked d*** good.

I agree with Ric, though. Two decent teams, playing fairly decently. But you can't tell anything from one (or even two or three) games. Pennington could have made the difference. Or Brandon Noble.

Still, football has started for real. That's a GREAT thing!

Take care,
    Chuck

11. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

The Jets offense look anemic. What a surprise, since they are missing last year's QB and top receiver. The Jets are destined for last place in the AFC East.

While Washington looked good in the first half, it remains to be seen how they will play against a good team. I agree that Ladell Betts looked much better than Canidate. He should win the starting job before too long.

The best thing about the game? It was broadcast in HDTV!

12. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

13. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

So, anybody excited yet?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

My pix for Sunday-

Detroit Lions over Arizona-Arizona thinx they can win with the immortal but vulnerable Emmitt Smith at the helm. But does anybody even know (or care) who their starting QB is??

Miami Dolphins over Houston-an easy win over a lightly regarded team...

New York Giants over St. Louis-expect a shootout with home field making the difference...

Denver Broncos over Cinninati-Plummer won't mess up against that defense, and Carson Palmer's only getting started...

Green Bay Packers over Minnesota-This shouldn't be too much trouble...

Pittsburgh Steelers over Baltimore-Expect Maddox to have a big day while Kyle Boller will not...

New England Patriots over Buffalo-This might be the Game Of The Year...

San Diego Chargers over Kansas City-Gut instinct, that Marty will have his team ready. Both Holmes and LD should have over 100...

Jacksonville Jaguars over Carolina-Two weak teams, but I'm not sure if Brunell's done yet...

Cleveland Browns over Indianapolis-Another all-out war, with Holcomb outplaying Manning...

Dallas Cowboys over Atlanta-Vick's not playing, so Parcells should outfox Reeves...

San Francisco 49ers over Chicago-Look for Garcia to shine...

Seattle Seahawks over New Orleans-Alexander outrushes McCalister...

Tennessee Titans over Oakland-The March to a possible Super Bowl begins...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Philadelphia-Toughest pick of all, but have to go with my instincts.

14. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

15. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

My major predictions:

Tampa will not repeat as SB champions.

Dallas will have a better than expected year.

16. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I'm embarrassed to be a Dol-Fan today. I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game but looking at the play-by-play and stats it appears they stunk things up in a major way.

Don't they know they're not supposed to suck 'til December?

[​IMG]

17. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

18. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

I predict Miami will be 4 and 12 at the end of the season. [​IMG]

19. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Dallas is getting outplayed by the Falcons today, and Doug Johnson was more than up for the challenge to keep the QB seat warmed up for Michael Vick. The Falcons' 4th quarter drive burnt off a lot of time, and put them up by 2 TDs with just over 3 minutes to play.