What's new

20-27" TV for studio apt. ? (1 Viewer)

Jon Cielo

Agent
hello. i am in the market for a television to fit my studio apartment. i am considering 20-27" tv's from circuit city (i work there and get a decent price). i did a search, but couldn't come up with many experiences with 20" sets. i was looking at the pan 20" tau, though the other sizes seem to have geometry issues. at the same price, i can pick up the 20" fv300 wega or a pan ct27d11. all have s-video, but the latter two have component. i don't like the cabinet of the new wega in comparison to the old one, but i can live with it. i don't have to have a great tv, just something that i'll be happy with. i will need to connect a dvd player (via component or s), possibly a directivo (s), and vcr (composite). sounds like i should veer towards the d11 or fv300. though they are not that much different in size, i would maybe like the 20" as opposed to 27" for space issues. any comments? thanks in advance.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
If you can afford it, pop for the 27". 20" is nice for a small bedroom, but you'll be wishing for something a little bigger.

A good traditional tube would be the Phillips PHL 27PS55S; $299. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

For a flat tube, get a Sony Wega KV27FS13. The 16:9 vertical compression is worth it.

Jon Cielo

Agent
i'll look into the philips, thanks. too bad the store doesn't have toshiba, i've got one at another apartment that i really like. anyways, looks like its coming down to the pan d11 and phillips. i might take a look at the jvc, too, actually. i'll hold off on spending a lot more until i graduate, so no wega for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks