2-player co-op games on consoles?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kevin Reckelhoff, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Kevin Reckelhoff

Kevin Reckelhoff Stunt Coordinator

Just finished playing through Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with my wife and we had a lot of fun cooperating to get through it. Gauntlet Legacy was another game that we enjoyed. I'm looking for recommendations for other 2-player co-op games (specifically, games where both players are on-screen at the same time)? RPGs would be ideal; sports games and "twitch" games won't work for her. We've tried Jedi Starfighter co-op and it just doesn't work as well.

Also doesn't have to be a recent game--we have NES, SNES, N64, Cube and Xbox to choose from. Any suggestions?

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Although it doesn't help you right now, be sure to pick up Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles when it comes out in February.

3. Dan Mercier

Dan Mercier Stunt Coordinator

4. Kevin Reckelhoff

Crystal Chronicles is definitely on the list, and thanks for the tip on DA2 and the other thread. I didn't know DA2 was in production--any word on any of the other D&D titles (Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights) making it to the Xbox? Heck, I'd love a Pools of Radiance/Krynn remakes with updated graphics[​IMG]

Fortunately, she likes to play in general so it's not an issue of convincing her to play (we have all the mario titles, super monkey ball, etc.). It was just so much fun playing cooperative that I want to find more games that we can enjoy at the same time. Our skill levels aren't equal though, so anything where we compete against each other will probably leave me sleeping on the couch[​IMG]

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Dynasty Warriors 4. That is a fun game that uses teamwork. The missions are easier to accomplish (and more fun) when you have a buddy.

6. Kevin Reckelhoff

Just saw Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes--any info on this? I'll check out Dynasty Warriors...

7. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

i think next month maybe nov at the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes out on the 3 major consoles. it will be 2 player (4 would be great) hell i'm foaming at the mouth on this one... [​IMG]

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I loved that old snes TMNT game, TURTLES IN TIME i believe... awesomest game ever...

9. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Brute Force is a cool co-op game. Also, Hunter: The Recokoning. Hunter can be had for under $20 as well. It's sort of a cross between Gauntlet and Resident Evil.

10. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Another recommendation for Hunter: The Reckoning and Halo. Both are great fun for co-op play.

11. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

Yeah, Halo is without a doubt the best co-op game of all-time...IMO anyway.

Hunter is good...it is a hard game alone, having an extra person helps a lot.

Brute Force isn't bad, definitely not the next Halo but very fun.

12. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

Return to Wolfenstein should be included here with an asterisk. It is so disappointing that it won't let you play through the whole game on co-op unless you beat it on single player. It only lets you play the levels you have cleared on single player. What a waste. They should release a patch to download to fix this instead of stupid maps.

13. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

baulders gate DA is one of the best 2 player co-op games to me.

14. Jason Cald****

Jason Cald**** Stunt Coordinator

Check out Dungeon and Dragons Hereos. It just came out last week. If you loved BG[​IMG]A you will like this to for sure. It only got a 6.6 on gamespot, but i have been having a ton of fun with it, and you can play with up to 4 people at a time.

I am just mad Baldurs Gate 2 and Champions of Norrath got pushed back.

Watch for Champions of Norrath, its a Everquest game based made from the same team that did BG[​IMG]A and is going to be awesome.

15. Travis Kolesar

Travis Kolesar Second Unit

Another game coming out that is supposed to support 2 player coop is Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. It uses teh Baldur's Gate 2 engine and is a post-apocolyptic sci-fi setting instead of fantasy.

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Return of the King is going to have a co-op mode.

17. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Return of the King's co-op mode is playable online (on the PS2). That could be a heck of a lot of fun.

Glen

18. Topher

Topher Stunt Coordinator

D&D Heroes is great if you liked Baldurs Gate.

19. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

20. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

TMNT: Turtles in Time was for SNES and kicked ass.