What's new

2 cable boxes, 2 failures, am I doing something wrong? Besides going with Comcast? (1 Viewer)

SQMonte

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rich
Alright guys, got my new HT setup in my living room last Thursday, set everything up and all is well except for the fact that Comcast gave us the wrong remote for the DCH3416 (I think that was the model #) box so all box controls were being controlled via tv remote. But everything worked until the next day when the box wouldn't respond. I disconnected the power cord, plugged it back in and it came on and was working for about 5 minutes then it would just lose power and conk out on me.

Ok, so I take it back on Saturday morning, which is a story in and of itself but i'll save that for another time. So this time they give me the box listed in my sig...works wonderfully all day. Next day I get up and notice the time is stuck at 1:23...it's 9am or so at this point, so I attempted to turn the box on, nothing! Won't respond at all! Unplug the box, plug it back in, works fine all day. When I go to bed this time, I turn the cable box off to see if that changes anything. Get up the next day and guess what, time is stuck again and box won't respond. I just left it alone until I got home, unplugged/plugged back in and works fine. So this time I decided to leave the A/V receiver on as well as the cable box on, get up this morning and you guessed it, time is stuck and box won't respond.

My girl is taking it back today to see WTF is going on. System is wired up as such:

HDMI from cable box and BluRay to receiver, HDMI from receiver to TV. This is so aggravating! I just want my cable box to work with no issues like the old one did, is that asking too much?

Should I run HDMI from cable box to TV and digi optical from box to receiver? This the receiver is what's causing the issues here?

Help!!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The receiver or any other pieces of your equipment aren't causing your cable box issues. You are just unluckly in getting cable boxes from Comcrap.

SQMonte

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rich
Originally Posted by Robert_J

The receiver or any other pieces of your equipment aren't causing your cable box issues. You are just unluckly in getting cable boxes from Comcrap.
I sure hope that's the case.......my g/f went to xchange the box today but of course, they were out. So....they said they would set one aside for me so I can pick it up anytime tomorrow. I have the day off and will be going to the DMV and then Comcast afterwards and if I have this problem one more time Comcast will no longer be my cable company of choice....strongly considering Surewest.

SQMonte

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rich
Comcast never called my g/f like they said they would so I had to wait till Saturday to exchange the box but i've had it up and running since saturday morning with no problems.....hope it stays this way!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks