What's new

$2,500 max 3D TV Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
I just got a 73 inch DLP and im not sure I want to keep it. Its just not bright enough and the picture quality seems so dated. Can somebody help me figure out the best buy for my price in an LCD or Plasma? I'm hoping not to go too much smaller but I can go down to 60 inches I guess......

Thanks guys!

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
alright i've been trying for 10 minutes to edit that post and it won't let me so lets start again:

I saw the 65 inch 700 series and the 60 inch 800 series and they just didn't look as soft or as dim as this does but I had faith it would resemble them, which it doesn't really. The viewing angle is excruciatingly narrow vertically and horizontally. And its just too much shitty picture. The only thing tolerable on it is a blu-ray in the dark with your head on an angle somewhere between sitting and standing. It looks better if you can get over 12ft away from it but in my room 11ft is the best your gonna do and everyone just says its overwhelming and washy looking.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
definitely not a project guy. is there really no LCD or Plasma out there that fits what im looking for?

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the Samsung PN58C8000 and am extremely happy with it. It cost me $2500.00 and I got a free Samsung 3D blu-ray player ($250 value) and free 3D glasses starter kit ($300 value). The set is 58", if you want to go up to their 63" it would cost you about another $700. Samsung is still running the deal, but I don't know how long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks