What's new

1960s: What Titles Did You Vote For? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Larry-Bender said:
Does anyone know if they fixed the entr'acte music placement on CLEOPATRA?
I don't think they did. I don't find it a big deal, but hopefully they correct it for the North American release. I know there are some people who find that the film looks too cold now, so maybe they'll correct that, too. I just hope they add something special for the 50th Anniversary. To simply release the same product that's been available overseas for a year would seem sort of anticlimactic. It would also be great if they could some how do a special Fathom event like Sony did for "Lawrence of Arabia". I'd kill to see "Cleopatra" on the big screen!

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
This original 70mm print of "CAN-CAN" shown below could certainly use some urgent restoration. Seriously though, I'm rather surprised by Can-Can's lack of popularity here. Sinatra, McLaine, Chevalier plus Cole Porter and in 70MM it should have been a shoe in. Oh well, looks like my taste's a bit out of wack these days. Finger's crossed it might still appear at some stage.
110f58e2_cancan.jpeg

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
OK Doug, I'll vote for Can Can tomorrow. Today I voted for Let's Make Love. I'm surprised the MM films aren't rating higher in any decade. I'm perfectly content with North to Alaska winning though...

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
I think the release of both John Wayne films on the 60s list is inevitable regardless of where they place in the voting. Question is, however, will Fox release their 2 pre-code films with John Wayne that they never released on DVD: Girls Demand Excitement (1931) and Three Girls Lost (1931)?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Billy Batson said:
I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that this is not a film that Fox owns, they just released it in America. In the UK it was a Rank release. .
I'm sure Fox still have the North American rights for SODOM AND GOMORRAH. Twilight Time once said on their Facebook page (when they were only releasing Fox product) that they would like to do it but it needed a lot of work.

MikeIMH

Grip
I agree with you, Doug. I think that Can Can would be an obvious choice. It may never be rated among the first tier musicals of yesteryear but it deserves to be properly restored, released on Blu, and to take it's place in the list of major musical productions. To be able to enjoy the Soundtrack which includes the formidable talents of Sinatra singing Cole Porter in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 would be more than worth the price of admission. It certainly has my vote.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Today I voted for Two For the Road as a favor to Robert Harris as he told me its his favorite film on the list for the 60s. Tomorrow I will be selfish and vote for something I want

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Today I voted for Two For the Road as a favor to Robert Harris as he told me its his favorite film on the list for the 60s. Tomorrow I will be selfish and vote for something I want
It's my favorite on the list, too, so thanks for helping out.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
The current top 3; North to Alaska, Two for the Road, and Agony and the Ecstasy are all worthy candidates and are my 3 favorites on the list. I'll vote for any of those.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I just saw The Agony and the Ecstasy on Amazon Prime HD and it looked amazing! It included the prologue, intermission and entr'acte music over no title card. I'm sure this one is ready for release, maybe through TT; after all, it has another great Alex North score. As for North to Alaska, it is a fun film. But compared to Two for the Road??? I agree with RAH. Two for the Road is a timeless story and the best film in many ways from the '60s list. I vote for it every day.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
David Upton said:
The Agony and the Ecstasy as I'm still hoping 3rd place means an eventual release.
I'm sure you're right. I'd think they've got good HD masters of all of the titles listed, so it's just a case of what's released first, or what's licensed to Twilight Time (a more expensive option!).

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
The BD of NORTH TO ALASKA already available from SoulMedia through Amazon UK and DaaVeeDee in the States is really very nice. I wonder how many potential customers already have it and are hoping for an otherwise unavailable title to be released.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Ed Lachmann said:
The BD of NORTH TO ALASKA already available from SoulMedia through Amazon UK and DaaVeeDee in the States is really very nice. I wonder how many potential customers already have it and are hoping for an otherwise unavailable title to be released.
It would be nice to get a release here stateside for those of us (like myself) who do not import or have multi-region players. Price is also a prohibiting factor which would be brought down by a U.S. release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks