What's new

$1700 out of nowhere !!!! (1 Viewer)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
So there's this friend/ex-coworker I've been trying to get a hold of the last couple months to get lunch or beers or something. I leave him a few messages at work and even one at home. No response. What the $%@! ??
So on Wednesday he calls me at work. Seems he's been overseas for a while so that's why he didn't call. Anyways, I jokingly said something like "What, Am I on your pay-no-mind list or something ?" He replies "It's funny you mention 'pay'". Me: "what, I owe you money or something ?". Him: "No, I owe you -- how does $1666.67 sound ?? -- it's the after tax half of the referral bonus I got for that woman's resume you sent me back in January".
I was stunned. Out of the blue he's gonna send me almost $1700. That night while I was waiting to go see "Mulholland Drive" I wandered around a Tweeter store drooling over the HDTVs.
In keeping with the other thread about getting a 27" Sony, HOW SWEET IS THAT ??

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Sweet deal Tom!! I bet you can't wait to have an HD set where your old one used to be. You may want to even invest it so It could buy a BIGGER HD set!! :)
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Tom...If you're truly a loyal HTF member, you'll use that money to buy 85 copies of Widescreen Wonka, rather than selfishly grabbing yourself some new HT gear. Let your conscience be your guide.
laugh.gif

Jon
------------------
--Owner of the North American rights to the small-orange-for-a-head joke. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/005319.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks