$1700 out of nowhere !!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Meyer, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

So there's this friend/ex-coworker I've been trying to get a hold of the last couple months to get lunch or beers or something. I leave him a few messages at work and even one at home. No response. What the $%@! ??
    So on Wednesday he calls me at work. Seems he's been overseas for a while so that's why he didn't call. Anyways, I jokingly said something like "What, Am I on your pay-no-mind list or something ?" He replies "It's funny you mention 'pay'". Me: "what, I owe you money or something ?". Him: "No, I owe you -- how does $1666.67 sound ?? -- it's the after tax half of the referral bonus I got for that woman's resume you sent me back in January".
    I was stunned. Out of the blue he's gonna send me almost $1700. That night while I was waiting to go see "Mulholland Drive" I wandered around a Tweeter store drooling over the HDTVs.
    In keeping with the other thread about getting a 27" Sony, HOW SWEET IS THAT ??

2. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Sweet deal Tom!! I bet you can't wait to have an HD set where your old one used to be. You may want to even invest it so It could buy a BIGGER HD set!! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    McPaul.
    ICQ McPaul 121412168
    McPaul@telusplanet.net
    "Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
    McPaul is Canadian.

3. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Tom...If you're truly a loyal HTF member, you'll use that money to buy 85 copies of Widescreen Wonka, rather than selfishly grabbing yourself some new HT gear. Let your conscience be your guide. [​IMG]
    Jon
    ------------------
    --Owner of the North American rights to the small-orange-for-a-head joke. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/005319.html