1492 Conquest of Paradise - Fall Release

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ernest, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

DVD File reported Sony is preparing a BluRay release of "1492 Conquest of Paradise" for sometime this fall. No details were provided further information will be posted on the site as they are released by Sony.

I have the Region 4 DVD and it is excellent, anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9, DD 5.1, but I really like this movie and will buy the BluRay version.

2. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I've been waiting for this film on disc for a long time (I still have the widescreen VHS release and I use excerpts for class presentations for my students--I did a portion of my graduate thesis on this film). My tape is no longer in great shape, so I'll be happy to add this to the collection. However, I thought this was a Paramount title?

3. Frank M

Frank M Stunt Coordinator

Sony is preparing the Blu-ray release for FRANCE:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4793

4. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    If it's region free, I will get it.

5. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

Paramount was the studio that made 1492 and it could be Sony purchased the international rights to this movie? I hope we do see a BluRay region 1 release I have always liked the movie and never understood why it was not released in North America.. I checked with Amazon UK and they carry 1492 in anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9 with a running time of 149. The distributor is Pathe Distribution. This version would be Region 2 PAL 576i.

The version I purchased is PAL Region ALL anamorphic widescreen 16 x 9 audio Dolby digital 5.1 with a running time of 156 minutes. Some of the scenes are extended. The distributor is Odyssey Distribution licensed from Umbrella Entertainment Ply Ltd. I purchased the DVD from EZY DVD in Australia. Because PAL is 576i the video is excellent and the audio very good.

6. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

The international rights to this movie are scattered all over the place, so in the worst case scenario it'll have forced subtitles, or something.

7. ricktech12

ricktech12 Stunt Coordinator

If it's region-free I will buy it as well. This should look and sound amazing on Blu-ray. I do wonder if DVDfile mean't the France release or did Sony buy the rights for 1492 and is releasing also in North America on Blu-ray.

8. ricktech12

ricktech12 Stunt Coordinator

artwork:

[​IMG]