What's new

13 (Tzameti) (WARNING: SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
A French investigator peers through the window of his VW beetle at Jean-Francois Godon (Philippe Passon) walking toward his mailbox. Just as Godon pulls his mail out the investigator snaps a couple of photos. You see Mr. Godon is unknowingly under surveillance for allegedly taking part in a high rollers game, whose losers don’t live long enough to regret not winning.

Sebastien (George Babluani) a young 22-year-old Georgian chap has been hired by Jean-Francois Godon to fix the hole in his ceiling. While atop the roof he overhears Mr. Godon and a close friend discuss a letter he is eagerly awaiting that will give him another opportunity to acquire a large sum of cash from one-day worth of work.

Without any notion of what actions will untimely be required Sebastien sets off with said letter, which conveniently found its way into his pocket. He is going to follow the detailed instructions as if he was Mr. Godon in hopes of scoring this easy money.

Unfortunately, Sebastien finds himself entered in a game where contestants are lined up back to back. Each is handed and empty revolver and one bullet. The games announcer screams at the top of his lungs for the contestants to load their guns cylinder and raise it high above their heads. Then all give the cylinder a couple of spins and take aim by placing the muzzle of their gun to the skull of the contestant directly in front of them. The announcer instructs all to focus on the light bulb in the center of the room. Focus, because when the light turns on all must shoot.

This movie is filmed entirely in black and white. The colorless look gives it an older more creditable feel. It’s not as pretty as Good Night, and Good Luck but it works. I think the only thing that hampers this movie is that the actors all look too similar. It makes it hard the first time you see this to differentiate who each character is. A repeat viewing definitely helps this shortcoming and allows you to experience the story more.

This is a French film with English subtitles.

B

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Dude,

You ruined the movie by giving away the midpoint revelation. That kills the suspense of the first half. Have you ever heard of spoilers? That is a pretty big one.

Not knowing was half the fun. Finding out was the rest of the film.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since I don't the film, I'm not sure where the spoiler occurs and can't add the appropriate tags. However, I've added a warning to the thread title.

Perhaps Mr. Hackman will revisit this thread and add some spoiler tags, which would be appreciated.

M.

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator

Spoiler tags have been added

The trailer for this film in the theater certainly was proud to promote my second spoiler as its main draw. I would have preferred to have seen this without knowing what he was in for but at the same time I probably wouldn't have been interested in seeing this film otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks