What's new

120Hz, HDMI 1.3, CableCard in a 1080p RP (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jeffrey Allen Rydell
Nobody? It's difficult researching this, what with all the proprietary-named marketing-speak all the companies engage in. It's really hard to find straight-forward specs on anything...

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I think Toshiba Regza Cinema Series LX177 offers all of these; however, none of the sets are currently out until possibly end of July.

Cineman Series LX177

Just browse around with this particular model. I hope this is what you want to see, but unless there is a review of the actual working model, I will not buy it. And I do like Toshiba, for I own a Toshiba TW40X81 HDTV, but with all the problems that I have been reading about LCDs, I will wait awhile before buying this time around.

Cheers,
orestes

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
One thing I have noticed in these 120Hz sets is that I don't think any of them actually accept 120Hz input. They simply take the 60Hz signal and internally double it.

I was thinking about getting one of these displays to attach to a PC (among other things) but I am going to wait until they can actually accept a 120Hz signal (assuming that is technically possible).

-Keith

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Of course it's technically feasible, plenty of computer monitors do it. Unfortunately most HDTV manufacturers treat HTPC owners like unwanted step-children. Most 1080P LCDs I have looked at officially support PCs only through a VGA port... (Yes, you can attach them via DVI to HDMI cables, but it is anything but plug and play).

I've been using a DVI equipped Apple Cinema Display for 4+ years, and go back to analog is not an option, and would love dearly a HDTV set set that accepts 120Hz over DVI, but so far no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks