12 Years A Slave (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

slave.jpeg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    By the way...

This is one of the best films I have seen in the past year.

Very powerful, often difficult film to watch. Certainly worthy of a blind purchase, though not at
    its current (as of this date) price of $36. Wait for a price drop.

3. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    I didn't find it dificult to watch, but powerful? OH HELL YES. And one of the best films of the year, Next to Wolf of Wall Street and Gravity.

4. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Screenwriter
    Supporter

When we saw '12 Years a Slave' in the theater, during one scene (those of you that have seen it will probably know which scene), about 5-6 members of the audience got up and left the theater. But all of them came back in when the scene was over. I assume they only went as far as the rear doors (out of view of the screen) and listened for the scene to be over before returning.

I remember flinching at one point in that scene. Every member of the audience flinched at the same time. We sit fairly far back in the theater and It was really weird seeing this mass of heads and shoulders in front of us all flinch at the same time!

Powerful movie and one I'll surely be adding to the Booth Bijou collection! Very few of our friends have seen it and they've asked if we will be showing it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater. The answer is yes, but there's part of me that thinks some of them won't be able to handle it. We'll see.

Mark