What's new

12 gauge in-wall ft4 recommendations (1 Viewer)

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator
i need some suggestions for 12 gauge in-wall ft4 rated wiring for placing in the walls attic to surround locations in my home theater.

specifically, which brands and/or where did you get the wiring. i've already looked at monster cable, but i was looking for other brands to compare.

any help on where to look will be greatly appreciated. thanks for your help in advance!

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Ken,

partsexpress sells some real nice CarolCable stuff in 100-ft and larger hanks with stranded copper conductors. Part 100-740 HERE

Rob_K

Auditioning
I used the carol cable stuff, it's pretty good for in-wall use, and it's UL certified.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just finished (yesterday) pre-wiring my dedicated HT with more than 250 feet of wiring for a 7.1 system and also used the Carol Cable referenced above. It can be bought in rolls of 100 feet for only $19.30.

Jack_TN

Stunt Coordinator
I also need some in-wall speaker wire. I notice the Carol wire mentioned above is described as 12 gauge wire consists of 19 x .0185 gauge strands of ASTM B-3, B-8, and B-286 copper . Is it better to use a wire made of oxygen-free copper? AC4L has some here that is 16 gauge/ 4 conductor for $18/100 feet. Could I use a run of it for each rear speaker, tying the conductors together in pairs, or would it be better to go with the Carol wire?

Thanks,

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks