12 gauge in-wall ft4 recommendations

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by KennethF, Jul 21, 2003.

1. KennethF

KennethF Stunt Coordinator

i need some suggestions for 12 gauge in-wall ft4 rated wiring for placing in the walls attic to surround locations in my home theater.

specifically, which brands and/or where did you get the wiring. i've already looked at monster cable, but i was looking for other brands to compare.

any help on where to look will be greatly appreciated. thanks for your help in advance!

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Ken,

partsexpress sells some real nice CarolCable stuff in 100-ft and larger hanks with stranded copper conductors. Part 100-740 HERE

3. Rob_K

Rob_K Auditioning

I used the carol cable stuff, it's pretty good for in-wall use, and it's UL certified.

4. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

I just finished (yesterday) pre-wiring my dedicated HT with more than 250 feet of wiring for a 7.1 system and also used the Carol Cable referenced above. It can be bought in rolls of 100 feet for only $19.30.

5. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I used 14ga in-wall rated wire from Home Depot for my rears. 14ga should be fine for rears.

6. Jack_TN

Jack_TN Stunt Coordinator

I also need some in-wall speaker wire. I notice the Carol wire mentioned above is described as 12 gauge wire consists of 19 x .0185 gauge strands of ASTM B-3, B-8, and B-286 copper . Is it better to use a wire made of oxygen-free copper? AC4L has some here that is 16 gauge/ 4 conductor for $18/100 feet. Could I use a run of it for each rear speaker, tying the conductors together in pairs, or would it be better to go with the Carol wire?

Thanks,

Jack