11-06 New Line Chat

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sullmeyer, Nov 6, 2001.

1. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

Did I read that right ? Tomorrow at 6pm ? Very excited.
    ~JS

2. Luke T

Luke T Extra

Ooh, cool. This'll be easy for New Line 'cause I've only got one unreleased title I want to see on DVD from them:
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze
    That one and a special edition re-release for the original TMNT movie would be nice.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I'd be asking for The Stupids, but it's unfortunately up against the most insane night of television in recent memory.

4. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I would love for them to re-release "The Mask" and "Mortal Kombat" in new anamorphic transfers. Adding DTS would be a nice bonus too, since both had DTS laserdisc versions.

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I'd like to ask them about they're plans for the eventual FOTR disc [​IMG]
    Be ready, this will soon be closed in favor of a "spontanious" chat [​IMG]

6. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey Stunt Coordinator

just read the transcript - not terribly inspiring was it?
    It underlines to me the value of having threads discussing chat topics before the chat, as there would be a good chance of getting some "wish list" questions done and dusted before the event.
    By this I mean the time wasted on asking about theatrical releases (not dealt with by the video dept) and films which the particular studio dont have the rights to.
    Then the chat could actually be more focussed.
    I know that the owner is not keen on this, but it would stop some chats from being merely "we dont have the rights to that title"...

7. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

Ooh baby, let's hear about a Dumb And Dumber Platinum Edition! I'd snap that bad boy up in a second, the current one's barebones and four years old!
    -Tom
    [Edited last by Tom Ryan on November 08, 2001 at 03:01 AM]

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

9. Duncan Harvey

Dave - my comments were more aimed at the Jason X than LOTR, but I agree with you on the bland corporate speak re LOTR - the chat has to be seen as a missed opportunity.
    Fundamentally though, many of the most recent chats have been a disappointment, with irrelevant questions being asked.
    Maybe we should have a post from the administrators before a chat with some guidelines, eg no theatrical questions as these guys arent from that department etc.

10. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

11. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

The answer in regards to the foreign and art house flicks was disappointing. They have a lot of great flicks they could be releasing and it's not happening. Leolo, Naked, Spanking the Monkey...to name a few.

12. Duncan Harvey

Yeah Ron, but what about time differences - its not always convenient for those of us outside the US to get to ask our questions.

13. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

Duncan, it's not easy for a lot of people in the US to make them either, especially on the east coast. We're almost always dealing with the studios, which are all west coast based. A chat starting at 10pm is when a lot of folks have to be asleep, being up at 4 or 5 in the morning. Ah well, it's why none of my questions get answered, since I never attend.
    ------------------
    Chris Beveridge
    Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
    Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

14. CamiloCamacho

CamiloCamacho Stunt Coordinator

First of all, let me say that i think New Line is the studio with the greatest commitment to DVD. I think only FOX could stand with them.
    In the chat, they answered all the questions i had, mortal kombat rerelease and Nightmare on Elm Street 5 Unrated.
    I`m a little disapointed because no rereleases of these titles are on plan, but i hope the chat put these titles "on the line".
    Note to NewLine:
    Altough i do not share some of your policies (like no spanish on any of your latest disc), i realize that you put all the effort to please the die hard fan. Nightmare On Elm Street Collection is the my "dream" disc by excellence.
    First of all, it comes with a image quality really great, i mean even today releases don´t get such visuals like these video releases(anamorphic widescreen). Then you not only please the die hard fan with the original soundtrack but also the Home Theater fan with the 5.1 remixes.
    And when other version is avalaible (and you can put it), like in Freddy´s Dead, you put both. The extras are other story, all directors talking about the movies, fans, WoW.
    Thank you New Line.
    By the way, i can`t believe that warner has a so different policy with their releases. Thank god they don´t absorve New Line.
    ------------------
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=Jugernaut