What's new

1080P on the horizon...Gary Reber talks HD formats... (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I'm gonna be pissed if I cant watch HD-DVD on my HDTV just because of a connection...they should make it able to go through component...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
There are currently, I think, three different connenctions used for HDTV (Component, DVI, and IEEE 1394). They should be able to make at least one of them work, don't you think?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Joshua, it has nothing to do with the technology. It's the studio's concern of letting out what amounts to a near-perfect copy of the negative out. DVI/HDCP is currently the best interface to satisfy their concerns(in their opinion)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Its not quite fair to those who already own a HDTV to have to buy another one just for a connection...

JoeHeu

Grip
What's the problem with the connection, I thought component was the best there is now, or maybe up to about a year ago? Will HD-DVD players use a connection that is yet undecided or something that is on the market now?

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
A little off topic here, but does anyone know if I can use a D-VHS player with component cables and get the full 1080i picture?

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
A little off topic here, but does anyone know if I can use a D-VHS player with component cables and get the full 1080i picture?
Most definitely. Component was originally the only way to get 1080i. Now you can do RGB, component, DVI or firewire.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks