What's new

10" Titanic Mkiii (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I have not seen this reveiwed yet. Are there any of you with this sub and how does it compare to the other sub(hsu,svs,etc.) in it's price range. what do ya'll think about it? i'm trying to find a reveiw on this sub, can anyone point me in the right direction? THX

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Its a great sub. There is a review out there. I believe that you can link to it from the PE site.

By the way, PE also sells the kit on ebay. I got mine for less than $270. You CANNOT beat that.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
hey rob how long have you had it? what kind of rec are you using? can you compare it to any other sub you have used.
i have bought some stuff from them before and i just found them on ebay. it looks like a great sub. do they have any specks on it? my room that i will be using it in is 22'x16'x12'. what do you think? thanks rob

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
if not this sub for 350 what would be good at this price
Chris. how about two of 10" dayton pe sales??

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I am also considering this sub. PE is pretty clear on their website that this sub is not for large rooms or reference levels of bass. Does anybody know what kind of SPL it generates before it bottoms out? PE says 105 dB.

Mark

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
105dB? I'd find that pretty low, especially for a sub like that. Even with my Tiny Mity II I can reach 105dB at 1 meter way before I bottom out the sub (10'x12' room). In fact, I don't remember ever bottoming mine out even when pushing it very hard. I'd expect greater performance out of the Titanic.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
The Tiny Mity is a ported enclosure and, IIRC, is actually larger than the 10" Titanic. Also, since the Titanic is sealed it won't be as efficient down low as the Tiny Mity.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Most say that sealed subs are better for music. More speed, accuracy, and integration with the rest of the system. Thay also say that if in a large space, two small subs are better than one large sub.

The sealed Rocket 10" ($499) pretty much beat out all the big guys in CraigSub's multi-sub test. A less expensive version ($399) will be out this summer. Also a 12" version.

Most people here are looking for a big boom or a really low boom. If that is what you want, maybe you should be looking at the 12" or 15" PE (or other) subs.

I love my 10" PE. I dare anyone to beat it for $265. Sure, it wont implode my head with dBs or rattle down to 15hz, but that is not what I want. I also dont want down firing (on the 2nd floor) or something pretending to be a huge piece of furniture.

My previous sub was the larger infinity. I have better balance now.

Here is the titanic review:
http://www.onhifi.com/product/dayton_titanicsub.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks