What's new

'05 Subaru Outback Wagon XT (1 Viewer)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I just brought home a minty fresh '05 Forester XT Premium. Traded in my '01 Forester L, since I coveted the turbo and LSD so. I like having side air bags as well.

What a hoot this car is! This little beastie tries to jump out from under me and I haven't really pushed it (I'm still early in the break-in, obviously)

How cool that I can go with a practical vehicle and work out some middle aged craziness at the same time:D

I decided to try leasing for the first time. Used some of my equity from the old one as a downstroke. Although the '01 would have been paid off in a year, it's pretty nice to have my monthly payment drop by $60, plus I drove out of the dealership in a much fancier car and a check for $3500 in my pocket. Life is good.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I believe one of those sports/compact car magazines just chose the Forester XT as the ultimate sleeper.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
That may be, but I like the ugliness of it. I'm a little bit disappointed that they went to a more "stylish" tail light design. The previous ones had more of an angular "Rover" knockoff look to them, IMO. Too many cars look like rolling suppositories these days. ;)

I considered taking the plunge for an Audi Allroad (drooool) but couldn't convince myself to inflate the car budget in order to drive to work in Town each night in a car that just screams "Carjack me!"

E

Eric Kahn

I am too slow, was going to recomend a VW passat TDI wagon
i have a 2004 Passat TDI sedan and love it

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Congratulations on the XT!!

It's the best does-everything car out there and it is every bit as fun a year later.

I LOVE this car! Get studded snows all around and then get ready to own the road in bad weather. Coming from an L you probably don't need to be told this.

What I would recommend is getting an aftermarket screen for the turbo intake as it does seem to gobble a large number of bugs and leaves. Be careful of the intercooler fins! They bend if you even look at them the wrong way.

Have any questions let me know. I put synthetic in it at the first oil change. Also check out NASIOC.com for tips on how stuff works and what to look out for.

Do give your passengers a camera to capture the look on other drivers' faces when your safetymom-mobile smokes them at the stoplights. Not that I would ever do such a thing... :wink:

-- If you're driving that you certainly are. :p)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey, get your own thread...

Just kidding :) After 3 or so months of ownership, getting to enjoy my outback, I have slept in it and it's comfy, and I have taken it on some beatup roads on my way to kayaking or hikes. It's kind of the defacto car for hikers, you get a great discount via the VIP program and they are fun to drive.

I hang out at

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/

which has a decent following that is broken down into various areas of the outback.

Waiting for the snow to see how it handles.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks