What's new

‘Toy Story 3’ Creators Say Blu-ray Couldn't Fit it All (1 Viewer)

BillyGil

Insider
Real Name
Billy Gil
The Nov. 2 Blu-ray Disc combo pack for Toy Story 3 is jam packed with bonus features, but according to director Lee Unkrich, not even the giant capacity of high-def could fit everything they made for the film.

Read more at http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu-ray-disc/toy-story-3-creators-say-blu-ray-couldnt-fit-it-all-20936

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, really. I'd actually use BD-Live if I knew there was other bonus material out there.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Would a movie that made over a billion dollars worldwide not deserve a three disc set, if there are that many supplements? Also, the article mentions that the audio commentaries were moved to the second disc, and I hope that's not the case. Wouldn't really make sense to me.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

Would a movie that made over a billion dollars worldwide not deserve a three disc set, if there are that many supplements? Also, the article mentions that the audio commentaries were moved to the second disc, and I hope that's not the case. Wouldn't really make sense to me.

That was my first thought, too, on adding the extra disc. I can see why Disney wouldn't add it (overkill and raising the price on the set), but I wonder if there's a super special edition on the next release.

Trevor824

Grip
Real Name
Trevor
The set is already a 4 disc set (including the DVD and digital file). So, an extra disc would bring it to 5.

Disc one has the film and a few extras, while disc two also has the film in "Cine-explore" version with on screen commentary. Plus it has the film with audio commentary. So, both discs have the film, with extras. That is probably what took up so much space.

It is an excellent disc though.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The double inclusion of the film is strange. I wonder how much the video quality of disc 2 is compromised in order to fit the Cine-Explore stuff.

Cars had all of that, and visually it was absolutely stunning.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Stephen_J_H

The review explicitly states that the Cine-Explore feature is on disc 2, and the reviewer (rightly) thinks it's a very odd inclusion. It is. I don't believe a movie that's 100 minutes long, with an audio commentary and Cine-Explore couldn't have fit on the same disc. Cars did it, and it's even longer, UP did it, and it's the same length and the same ratio. If it's truly the case, then it's an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks