‘Toy Story 3’ Creators Say Blu-ray Couldn't Fit it All

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by BillyGil, Oct 25, 2010.

1. BillyGil

BillyGil Insider
    Insider

The Nov. 2 Blu-ray Disc combo pack for Toy Story 3 is jam packed with bonus features, but according to director Lee Unkrich, not even the giant capacity of high-def could fit everything they made for the film.

Read more at http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu-ray-disc/toy-story-3-creators-say-blu-ray-couldnt-fit-it-all-20936

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Cool. Sounds like a prime candidate for BD-Live material.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Supporting Actor

Yeah, really. I'd actually use BD-Live if I knew there was other bonus material out there.

4. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

Would a movie that made over a billion dollars worldwide not deserve a three disc set, if there are that many supplements? Also, the article mentions that the audio commentaries were moved to the second disc, and I hope that's not the case. Wouldn't really make sense to me.

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason

That was my first thought, too, on adding the extra disc. I can see why Disney wouldn't add it (overkill and raising the price on the set), but I wonder if there's a super special edition on the next release.

6. Trevor824

Trevor824 Extra

The set is already a 4 disc set (including the DVD and digital file). So, an extra disc would bring it to 5.

Disc one has the film and a few extras, while disc two also has the film in "Cine-explore" version with on screen commentary. Plus it has the film with audio commentary. So, both discs have the film, with extras. That is probably what took up so much space.

It is an excellent disc though.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    The double inclusion of the film is strange. I wonder how much the video quality of disc 2 is compromised in order to fit the Cine-Explore stuff.

Cars had all of that, and visually it was absolutely stunning.

8. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    There is no double inclusion. check out this review for a thorough analysis of the special features; at least it'll hold us until the HTF review is up.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/toystory3.html

9. Brian Borst

Brian Borst Screenwriter

The review explicitly states that the Cine-Explore feature is on disc 2, and the reviewer (rightly) thinks it's a very odd inclusion. It is. I don't believe a movie that's 100 minutes long, with an audio commentary and Cine-Explore couldn't have fit on the same disc. Cars did it, and it's even longer, UP did it, and it's the same length and the same ratio. If it's truly the case, then it's an incredibly stupid thing to do.

10. Trevor824

Trevor824 Extra

The film is indeed on both discs, as I have a copy.